Army of Ghosts

The TARDIS materialised and the three stepped out Rose carrying a large rucksack. "Do you seriously need all of that stuff?" Rita laughed watching her friend struggle with the bag.

"Yeah I do" She groaned heaving it onto her back. The Doctor laughed and they followed Rose to her mothers flat. The sun was surprisingly shining and it was quite warm.

"Doctor you might want to brace yourself" Rita laughed as Rose opened the door announcing that they were back. The Doctor looked at her raising a brow as Jackie Tyler ran out the kitchen beaming at them.

"Oh, I don't know why you bother with that phone. You never use it!"

"Shut up, come here!" Rose opened her arms for her mother who accepted the embrace hugging her daughter tightly.

"Oh, I love you!" She smiled squeezing Rose possibly to death.

"I love you!" Rose beamed.

"I love you so much!" Jackie said back, the Doctor attempted to make his way past but was pulled back by Jackie "Oh no, you don't. Come here!" She pulled the Doctor by his face and gave him a kiss, something he was most definitely not expecting or liking. "Oh, you lovely big fella! Oh, you're all mine." She squeezed him. He stood there stuck, trying to escape.

"Just, just, just put me down!" He begged. She let him go and he walked off a look of horror on his face. Rita laughed and Jackie looked at her. Rita held out her hands in defence and cried out: "Just a hug will do!" Jackie laughed and hugged the brunette. She then let her go and Rita followed standing beside the Doctor.

Rose removed the bag from her back and placed it in her mothers arms. "I've got loads of washing for you. And I got you this." She reached into her pocket and brought out the gift she had brought for her mother. "It's from the market on this asteroid bazaar. It's made of, er," She tried to think. "What's it called?" She asked over her shoulder.

"Bazoolium." The Doctor reminded her and she nodded turning back to her mother.

"Bazoolium. When it gets cold, yeah, it means it's going to rain. When it's hot, it's going to be sunny. You can use it to tell the weather." She grinned.

"I've got a surprise for you and all." Jackie grinned back and Rose's face fell a little.

"Oh, I get her bazoolium, she doesn't even say thanks." She said over her shoulder to Rita and the Doctor.

"Guess who's coming to visit?" Jackie beamed looking at her watch. "You're just in time. He'll be here at ten past. Who do you think it is?" She asked.

"I don't know." Rose shrugged.

"Oh go on, guess." Jackie pressed on.

"No, I hate guessing. Just tell me."

"It's your granddad. Granddad Prentice. He's on his way any minute, Right, cup of tea!" Jackie walked into the kitchen and Rose looked at her mother confused.

"She's gone mad." She muttered and the Doctor and Rita walked up standing next to Rose.

"Tell me something new."

"Rude" Rita pointed at him. "And still not ginger, you know you always could just dye your hair, never thought of that?" She placed a hand to her chin. "Would look a little odd though" She chuckled and the Doctor rolled his eyes.

Rose continued to frown staring into the kitchen. "Granddad Prentice, that's her dad. But he died, like, ten years ago." She widened her eyes. "Oh, my God. She's lost it. Mum? What you just said about granddad." She walked off.

"Dye my hair? Really" He raised a brow at Rita.

"Oh shut up" She playfully swatted his arm walking into the kitchen after Rose.