The Idiot's Lantern

Rita walked into her room in the TARDIS, it looked exactly like her room did in her apartment, something she was very much happy about, the light cream almost white walls were ones that she knew very well her computer that she didn't use often pushed up against the wall on her desk at the end of her bed with her now walk in wardrobe (thank you TARDIS) on the opposite side of the wall next to her door.

She dived onto her bed not even thinking of changing, she had a long night running around with the Doctor, Rose, Pete and everyone else and needed her sleep so she closed her eyes and drifted off as the Doctor set the TARDIS in the Vortex.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Four

Four knocks

A faint males voice whispered. Rita could swear she heard this voice before, it sounded familiar but she had never heard those two words in her life, she swore she hadn't how could she?

Four knocks, Stone

She jolted awake sweat beating down her forehead. What was that? She thought her eyes darting around the room, she breathed out deeply knowing that she was safe in her room in the TARDIS. Feeling somewhat refreshed Rita finally removed the clothes from yesterday and changed into what she had worn when meeting Queen Victoria, A plaid shirt with grey jeans. She groaned when realising that she didn't have her shoes. The TARDIS hummed and she opened her wardrobe after changing to see another brand new pair of maroon vans almost identical to her last pair. "Thank you" She grinned picking up the shoes. She put them on and tied the laces before leaving her room and heading towards the console room.

It was silent and Rita guessed that Rose was probably still sleeping and the Doctor was most likely in the library since Rita realised that he was almost always there when the two companions were resting, that or he went for an adventure alone. She walked over to the jump seat and sat down crossing her legs like she always did, resting her head in her left hand leaning on her elbow she started to try and think back to the 'dream' that awoke her.

After 30 minutes or so Rita sighed not able to remember the two words that she heard. The Doctor? No why would she hear that? It was like her mind was blanking it out elsewhere as if her thoughts were drifting somewhere else. The Doctor walked into the console room quietly. Rita didn't notice and stared at the blue glow the TARDIS was giving off.

"Rita?" She jumped at her name turning her head in the direction of the voice only to find the Doctor staring at her looking very concerned.

"Sorry I didn't see you walk in" She breathed out.

"You look startled," He told her leaning against the console.

"You snuck up on me"

"No, I didn't you use didn't see me walk in" He protested. "Why are you up?" He asked. "You headed to your room to sleep only five hours ago, you need eight hours sleep"

"I'm not tired," She told him. "I feel completely fine"

"Your eyes say otherwise" He frowned then sat down beside her. "What's wrong?"

She sighed a little not looking at him. "I had a dream" she muttered. "But I can't remember it"

"Not at all?" He asked watching her face for any clues.