Why Now ?

Ari's POV :

"Bye love, and ditto ! Omfg okay I gotta go, Aaron and Kayla are here." I hang up and rush outside to met my besties.

"Hola compadres ! Como es tas ?" I yell at them even though they're only five feet in front of me.

"You're not Spanish so stop trying to be bilingual." Aaron says in his mean voice and Kayla laughs while we bicker about languages.

"Where are we going ?" I say after I finish my argument.

"We're going to have fun because we are all to stressed and never see eachother anymore." Kayla answers from the back seat of the car.

"Okaaaaay then, that vaguely answers my question." I turn up the radio and we all sing to some Swedish House Mafia.

Soon enough, we're at the mall. Huh, figures. "So, shopping ?" I ask the them.

"Yuuup." They say at the same time.

Me and Kayla run over to Hot Topic, her looking at Zelda merch and me looking at band shirts. Aaron stands around, this not being a store he enters often.

"Omfg Kayla, look at this Falling In Reverse shirt I found !!!" I shout from one end of the store.

"I bet it's not as awesome as the stuffed Majora heart I got !" She says happily.

"Psssh you two are weirdos. I have a Batman bracelet !" Aaron says out of nowhere.

Me and Kayla meet up in the middle of the store laughing at Aaron.

We all end up buying some things and move on to the next store.

"You know what we gotta do Ari ?" Kayla whispers in my ear.

"What ?" I say back.

"Prom dress shopping !" She says in a sing-song voice.

"Uh, okay !" She instantly takes my hand and drags me into a boutique. Everything seems shiny and...well, expensive. I look back and see no sign of Aaron. I text him to say we're here and proceed to the hunting.

"Oh. My. Lawd. THAT LOOKS EXQUISITE ON YOU !" Kayla squeals when I walk out in a short mint green dress.

"I don't know Kay, I'm not really feeling it..." I try to sound sincere but I just wanna laugh at how slutty I look. The neckline is ridiculously low, and the hemline is unreasonably high. It seems like they didn't have enough fabric to finish this dress.

"Oh come on, Ari. You rock it." She moves over to stand by me. "If you don't like it then try on another one."

I sigh and go back to square one. Here we go again. She hands me another dress and I like the looks if this one. I just hope that it'll be just as beautiful with me wearing it.

"How's it going girlies ?" I hear Aaron say. I grunt in response. "Oh, that bad, huh ?"

"Oh shush Ari, we needed to get this done before it's too late." She replies.

"Yeah, yeah. I know Mom, gosh." I attempt to say in my most teenager voice. "This process just takes too damn long."  I walk out in the dress she had handed me earlier.

"This one is comfy, I like it..." I twirl around and look up at the two hooligans. They're just standing there looking at me oddly. "What ?"

"I like that one too...you look...AMAZING !" Kayla squeals. She leads me over to a large mirror at the end of the dressing room.

I look at myself in the mirror and can't believe my eyes. I feel like a damn Disney princess. The earthy feel of the dress makes my brown eyes pop, the way the crystals are placed so that the light reflects off of every inch of the fabric. This literally is my dream dress. It's floor-length with a bottom that fans out, enough to flatter and not overwhelm my appearance. Omg, there's even a little bow on the back !