Life Goes On

Ari's P.O.V :

I wake up in a cold sweat. As I slide myself out of bed I see nothing but darkness. Searching for a light, I hear movement next to me.

Peering over to see what it was I see a sleeping figure lying next to me. Trying to figure out where I am, I awkwardly stand in place. Where was I again ? I attempt to find a bathroom and end up walking into a closet. That’s when I notice where I am because only one house has a closet this big. Aaron’s house.

Everything comes flooding back to me. I came here yesterday and talked things over with Aaron and now were literally “sleeping together.” I don’t even bother to move I just stand there in his closet thinking over the last few weeks. I would have never imagined to be where I am. But then again, I’m not psychic.

“Ari ?” I hear Aaron’s voice, I gotta admit he sounds cute when he wakes up. Finally getting out of his humongous closet. Like seriously though he is such a diva, what kind of boy has a closet this big ?

“Yeah ?” I answer, I must’ve been up for a while, I don’t even sound tired and groggy like Aaron did.

“What are you doing ? Did you just come out of my closet ?” He says, chuckling a bit as he turns on a dim lamp near his bed.

“Um…no ? I was just you know, standing by the door…” I say while climbing back onto the bed.

“You’re such a weirdo...I don’t even know why I let you into my house.” He laughs and kisses my cheek.

“Technically, your mother let me in.” I look at him with the best serious face I could muster at the moment. We both stay silent for a moment. No more than three seconds later, we’re drowning in laughter. After we finally recover from our fit of giggles, I start searching for my phone.

“Are you looking for your phone ?” He looks at me.

“Yeah. Do you know where I put it ?” I ask while still searching through the blankets and pillows. Aaron just stays in his place and watches as I start to search a bit more frantically. Suddenly stopping my little search party, I peer over at his mischievous face. “You have it, don’t you ?” I give him a look that says “you better tell me or else.”

Smiling wide, he rolls over and grabs what I’m assuming my phone off of the floor. “Is this what you wanted ? I would give it to you but...finders keepers.” He places my phone under his pillow and lies down, pulling the blanket over his shoulders. He closes his eyes and says, “Time to go back to sleep.”

I remain in my position and just stare blankly at him. Oh hell no, this guy DID NOT just go there. Before I even begin to think about where this will lead, I turn and kick him off. He grunts loudly as he flops onto the floor wrapped in the blanket. I quickly grab my phone from under his pillow and lie down. I make sure that there isn’t any room for him.

He stands up abruptly. “Ari you little-”

“Aaron be quiet its time for bed.” I say simply as I grab the blanket from his body and drape it over me. Copying him once more, I close my eyes and pretend nothing just happened.

Not long after I shut my eyes I feel him sit on the edge of the bed. I don’t move an inch. “Ari, I know you’re not sleeping.” He scoots closer.

I attempt to keep myself from smiling but I can’t so I turn on my side and face away from him.

“Ariiiiiii…” He whispers, which just makes my smile grow more wide.

Refusing to give in, I remain in my place.

He makes what sounds like a grunt and a sigh and turns me so I’m facing the ceiling. I close my eyes tight, trying to play dead...well, sort of.