Meeting By the Owlery

When I walked in Salmissra was still asleep with Teague at her side. He turned when he heard me approach.

"How is she?" I asked softly. He gave me a small crooked smile.

"She'll be fine, but she broke her ankle pretty good. Professor Snape's potion is working like a charm so she doesn't feel a thing," he told me. I nodded pleased. "Hey, where'd you get off to anyway? You just kind of disappeared." His eyebrows knitted in curiosity.

"Oh...I wanted to ask Snape something so I went after him," I made up an excuse quickly. Teague didn't press further, just turned back to Salmissra. I was really beginning to like these Ravenclaws; they weren't nosy at all.

"Sally would get hurt on Christmas Eve," Teague sighed with a wry smile. I giggled softly. I hadn't even thought about tomorrow being Christmas. I had ordered my family's gifts a week ago, and they should have arrived, already wrapped, today. It made me sad that I wouldn't be spending this Christmas with my family.

"Are you two together?" I asked indicating Teague and Salmissra as I retrieved my broom that was leaning against the wall. I wasn't trying to be nosy, but it seemed like good conversation.

"We were once, but things didn't go right. Now we are just friends, but we still care about each other," he replied. He didn't seem put out by my question which made me glad. I frowned thinking about my friends being gone for the holidays. "Have you ever spent Christmas at Hogwarts?" He asked.

"No, this will be my first Christmas away from my family," I told him sadly. He shot me a cute smile.

"It's not so bad. The Christmas banquet they always have is fantastic," he tried to cheer me up. It almost worked.

"Why are you staying for the holiday?" I asked curiously. His expression faltered, and his eyes clouded.

"Hogwarts is my home," was all he said. I nodded and let it go. He didn't pry into my life so I wasn't going to pry into his. I said goodbye and left the hospital wing.

It was just past one, and I had nothing to do so I figured I would wander the halls for a while. There were always places in the castle that you haven't seen. I went to look in one room and Peeves slammed the door in my face. If I hadn't of jumped back it would have hit me. I muttered a curse and continued on my way.

At about five thirty I was bored and hungry so I decided to head on to dinner. I had found my way deep into the dungeons and struggled to find my way back to more familiar corridors. I had to pass the Potions classroom on my way to the Great Hall. As I walked past, the door opened and Professor Snape walked out looking more irritated than usual. He straightened when he saw me.

"Miss Fellstone, I do hope you weren't trying to sneak around again," he droned in a bored tone. I blushed bright red.

"No Sir, I was wandering the castle and found my way into the dungeons somehow. I am just on my way to dinner now," I explained quickly.

"Wandering about aimlessly? You do seem to have a lot of idle time Miss Fellstone. I suggest you find more useful things to do or I can occupy you by having you recategorize my ingredients stores. I believe I will escort you to the Great Hall to ensure you aren't up to something—inappropriate," he drawled with slight emphasis on the 't'. I brushed my hair back embarrassed. He was acting like I was a criminal or something. This was the first time he had threatened me with detention as well.

I nodded glumly. He placed a hand on my shoulder and began walking at his impossible speed toward the stairway and the Great Hall. I did my best to keep up and found I was made more at ease by his hand on my shoulder. That puzzled me.