Lone Wolf

I walked briskly to the Slytherin common room, and whispered the password. When I came in I saw Allistor and Lynx sharing a large, comfortable chair near the fire. A couple of other students mulled around not yet ready to sleep. I walked over to where Lynx sat in Allistor's lap looking content. They both glanced up at me and smiled.

"So, Snape let you out early tonight?" Allistor asked in his cocky way.

"Yup," I smiled. I turned my gaze fully onto Lynx. "I need to talk to you, now," I said with emphasis on the last word. Her eyes widened slightly.

"Is this about you-know-what?" she asked animatedly. I loved how easily she got excited.

"Yes," I said locking eyes with her. I made sure my tone let her know nothing was wrong. She hopped off Allistor's lap and turned to him apologetically.

"Sorry Allistor, but this is important girl stuff," she explained giving him a peck on the cheek. He smiled charmingly and shooed us away with the wave of his hand. I quickly pulled Lynx into our dorm and locked the door. I cast a silencing charm on the whole room so we wouldn't be overheard.

"Okay so—" I launched into my story about everything that had been going on with Snape and how both of my detentions had gone. I made sure I didn't skip a single detail and told her how it seemed like he was mad because he had been worried for me when he thought I'd lost control of my broom.

By the end of my story her eyes were as wide as a deer's, and I had earned several 'no way!'s from her. Her eyes sparkled as I pulled her farther and farther into my twisted fairy tale. "So I was thinking about making him notice me a bit more in class," I said inclining my head conspiratorially.

"What'd you have in mind?" she asked smiling evilly. She was a true Slytherin, that's for sure. She didn't think my attraction to Snape or his attraction to me was creepy in any way. She loved a good scandal when she could find one, and this would definitely give her her fix. I smiled shyly.

"Well I was thinking, if you'd help me, I could start fixing my hair nicer and doing more with my make-up. I was thinking if I curled my hair and applied a little moose to make it sparkle it would catch his eye, and if we fixed my make-up so that my eyes popped he wouldn't be able to look away. Tonight, in detention, my eyes watered a bit so the green was really noticeable, and it was like I had him under a spell."

Lynx hugged me tightly and squealed. I laughed lightly and patted her back in an awkward way.

"I'm so proud! My little girl is growing up!" she laughed holding me at arm's length. "Of course I will help you win your man's heart." I laughed hard at this. She was so exuberant. It contrasted my placidness well. I grabbed my pillow; we were sitting on my bed, and smacked her with it. She pretended to glare at me. I smiled and thanked her for the support.

"You do know that if you sleep with him you have to tell me what he's working with right?" she said as we got into our pajamas. I nearly choked.

"Lynx! Why on earth is that the first thing that comes to your mind?!" I asked freaking out just a bit. She laughed and gave me a wink.

"He's Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Mysterious, Izzy. I have to know these things, and you better tell me if you start shacking up with the Potions Master," she demanded. I rolled my eyes at her, half tempted to throw another pillow at her.

"Fine," I growled crawling under my covers. "Finite Incantatum." The silencing charm on the room disappeared, and I drifted into blissful sleep.

The next morning I woke up early and showered with hot water. When I got out and dressed I was dragged over to Lynx's mirror. She cast a drying spell on my hair and began loosely curling it with her wand. My hair would not look right with ringlets, but with a wavy curl it seemed richer, thicker even. It was a dark mahogany color with a rich red hint that was barely noticeable unless the sun hit it just right.