11: Reminisce

//

1976

Henrietta/Renley's PoV

//

The Padfoot Patronus padded across the Great Hall, ears pricked forward. He eventually came to a halt in front of Sirius, who was completely frozen with his jaw slightly ajar. Kaylen watched with wide eyes, obviously knowing the meaning of two people having the same Patronus.

Sirius absentmindedly reached a hand out to pet the Patronus, blinking in surprise at the cool, wispy feeling. When he lowered his hand, he turned to me.

I flicked my wand, causing Padfoot to vanish. Without a second thought, I stuffed my wand inside my robes and fled the room.

//

Flashback

1995 - Third Year at Hogwarts

Renley/Henrietta's PoV

//

On the Knight Bus, heading to the Leaky Cauldron, Harry and I were struggling to not go flying across the bus. The vehicle moved at an unbelievable speed, zooming past muggle cars and buildings. We had to grasp onto the poles of the sliding beds to stay in place... sort of.

Stan Shunpike, the man who had greeted them when the bus came barreling towards them, was calmly leaning against one of the windows. He was silently flipping through a magical newspaper, probably from the Daily Prophet.

Harry was the first to notice the picture on the front of the newspaper. It was of a deranged looking man, with messy black hair and his mouth open in soundless shouts and bellows. He was clutching onto his prisoner plate, with his prisoner ID. With wizarding pictures, they are able to move in a video-like manner.

He was glancing right and left, head turning and continuing to shout. A couple unseen guards outside of the picture were most likely restraining him while he fought, still holding onto his prisoner ID.

"Who is that?" Harry asked. "That man!"

"Who is that?" Stan gasped. "Why, that's Sirius Black!"

Sirius Black? He was all over the news. Even the muggle news!

"Sirius Black, nasty fella' he is. He's a murderer," Stan whispered overdramatically.

Murderer? So why do I doubt that?

"So how'd he get out?" I asked curiously, eyeing the moving picture of Sirius Black.

"That's the question, isn't it!" Stan exclaimed. "He's the first one ta have d'un it!"

//

Flashback

1995 - Third Year at Hogwarts

Renley/Henrietta's PoV

//

Later, at the Leaky Cauldron, Harry and I came down from our room to witness the arrival of the Weasley's and Hermione. Harry and I silently ambled down the stairs, while Ron and Hermione were, unsurprisingly, arguing. Hermione seemed to be clutching onto a ginger-hued cat, which was rather unattractive. With a face that looked squashed, and eyes drawn close, he looked very grumpy and hateful.

Ron was clutching onto his creepy rat, named Scabbers. Apparently he had been in the Weasley family for over a decade!

"Oh, he's a cat, Ronald!" Hermione huffed. "It's in his nature!"

"Just keep that--that monster away from Scabbers!" Ron snapped back.

Harry cleared his throat, drawing their attention to us. "Harry! Henrietta!" they both greeted happily.

After the reunion, Mr. Weasley confronted Harry and me. He ushered us to a dark corner in the building, glancing around speculatively. Finally, he turned back to us and muttered, "I just wanted to make sure you two are safe."

"Sir, is this about Sirius Black?" I asked.

Mr. Weasley sighed, leading us farther into the corner. Posters of Sirius Black were scattered across the building, along with just about every other building in Diagon Alley.

"Look, Harry, Henrietta. It's said that... Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban to come after you two."

"Us?" Harry queried in surprise. "Why us?"

"He believes that you're in the way of his master's victory," Mr. Weasley elaborated. "But whatever happens, you have to promise me--both of you-- that you will not go after Sirius Black."

"Sir, why would we go after someone who wants to kill us?"

//

1976

Renley/Henrietta's PoV

//

I found myself in the Shrieking Shack. After immobilizing the Whomping Willow, I slipped in and sat silently on the wooden floor. Claw marks decorated the walls, along with broken furniture and shattered artifacts.

I leaned my head back against the wall, sighing softly through my nostrils. I twirled my wand between my fingers, which oddly enough, belong to my left hand. I'm left-handed when it comes to wielding a wand.

I eventually returned my wand to my robe pockets, and drew my knees to my chest. I wrapped my arms across my knees, and then rested the side of my cheek against the soft fabric of my leggings.

I have no clue what to do now. I'm, no doubt, in love with Sirius, both 1976 and 1997. Everyone will know too. Especially the Marauders, and Sirius.

How am I supposed to handle this? I can't avoid him anymore. I need him. He obviously cares for me, and I care for him a lot as well. But will he still love me in the future, when he knows who I really am? That I'm not just Renley Lane-- I'm Henrietta Potter too.

Why is my life so complicated?

//

1976

James Potter's Third Person PoV

//

After Renley raced from the Great Hall, the Marauders pursued her after recovering from their shock. Lily was frowning softly, already knowing how Renley was in love with Sirius. But while she knew that one secret, she didn't know the other. Why was Renley avoiding Sirius?

Sirius threaded his fingers in his silky black hair, glancing around wildly. He was happy, yes, but also extremely stressed and worried. Where could Renley have gone?

"Let's go get the Map," Remus suggested.

"I'll get it," James quickly volunteered. Sirius looked ready to argue, but then shut his mouth and nodded.

James rushed towards their dormitory, digging around in his trunk. He grumbled to himself, knocking several of his belongings out of the way. After tossing away some clothes and pranking supplies, he spotted the secretive parchment. He mentally cheered, snatching up the parchment and tapping it with his wand.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good," he muttered. Immediately, the Map flickered to life. Ink began appearing on the surface, mapping out the whole grounds of Hogwarts. Hundreds of names marked the Map, including the other Marauders' names in the corridor where he left them.

James clutched onto the Map tightly, slipping his wand back into his pocket and darting down the stairs. He pelted back to his friends, until he noticed something shocking.

In the far corner of the Map, in the confines of the Shrieking Shack, read one name;

"Renley Lane/Henrietta Potter"

//