23: Four Days of Friendship

//

Day two began with Remus.

We had decided to do the whole arts and crafts thing, and the other Marauders decided to join.

"Mine looks like a... blob," I mutter. Remus thought it'd be a genius idea to paint, instead of sketching.

"I'm sure it looks fantastic," Remus reassures.

"Nope. It does look like a blob," James speaks up with a laugh. I just stick my tongue out at him.

"Don't worry, Paws," Sirius laughs. "I'm sure your creativity will make an appearance." Then he turns to Lily and James and stage whispers, "No it won't."

"You guys are so mean," I pout. "So rude. I am trying to create a masterpiece and you guys are bringing my mood down."

"Sorry, Renley-dear," Sirius chuckles. "Good luck."

After a long moment, Remus and I compare our works. He carefully unplaces his canvas from the wooden stand, with it facing his chest so we can't see. I do the same, though the others already know what it looks like.

"Ready?" Remus asks.

"Yup."

"Alright... three, two, one! Show!"

We both flip our canvases over, revealing both portraits. Remus bursts into laughter at the sight of mine, while I stare in awe at his.

"What—what even IS that?" Remus chokes out.

"It's a doggy!" I huff. "See? That's his tail, that's his blue collar, his spots, and his paws!" I explain, pointing them out one by one.

"Are you sure?" Sirius asks. "Looks more like a deranged cat."

"Shut it!" I growl. Turning back to Remus' art, I murmur, "That is amazing, Moony poo. Seriously, how in the fuck did you do that?"

His art has a blue gradient background, with a brown tree in the center with yellow dots resembling fireflies. The shades of different colors look amazing, along with the overall effort put into it.

"Practice," Remus answers simply.

"Mhmm," I hum disbelievingly. "Well, it's obvious who won this competition!"

Remus just laughed.

//

I'll miss Remus' playful but mature attitude. I'll miss how he helps with pranks and jokes, but also keeps us in check and not let us go too far with it. Most of all, I'll miss how happy he is in this era.

//

Day three begins with Claws.

The moment the sun begins rising, I'm getting dressed and racing off to the Forbidden Forest. I lower myself into the cove, where Claws is still sleeping.

The dragon lazily opens one eyes, then grumbles and tries sleeping again. I grumble, quickly poking her shoulder.

"C'mon, Claws!" I exclaim. "I wanna hang out with you!" The dragon just rumbles quietly, then shifts and rolls over away from me. "Meanie."

I sigh, deciding to just lean against her. Claws purred, flipping over again and pulling me into her grasp. I laugh, nuzzling into her warm form.

"Teddy bear," I mutter.

After a long moment of just lying there, slipping in and out of unconsciousness, I was growing restless. I huffed, climbing out of her paws and standing. I grunted as I stretched out, then poked at her shoulder again.