14: Pranks, Pranks, and More Pranks!

//

Renley/Henrietta's PoV

//

The Gryffindor common room is silent, only the sound of crackling fire filling the room. It's almost Christmas, and James is freaking out. He has no clue what to get for Lily. I'm pretty sure he's forgotten he has other people to get gifts for. Meanwhile, Remus is acting really secretive, and I think he's plotting something. I know-- goody two shoes planning something devious?

Anyways, after Sirius showed the others his new Patronus (mine) they put the puzzle pieces together. They know I've been helping them out on the nights of full moons, and were pretty speechless. Well, except for Remus. He just shrugged at the revelation and admitted, "I already knew."

When they asked how I knew about Remus' "furry little problem", I simply told them I used to have a werewolf friend.

Also, Sirius is acting weird. Like-- weird, weird. More weird than he usually is. He's obviously planning something, and I suspect it's the same thing Remus is plotting.

Ever since I agreed to go on a date with him, we've grown closer and closer. Kisses, dates, blah blah blah. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet, and although this might sound conceited, I know he will.

Did I mention he's also really overprotective?

No joke. He always has an arm around my shoulders or waist, eyes darting around the hallways or room to make sure no other guy is looking at me. One time, a boy came up to me, and Sirius tripped him. He literally stuck his foot out from under his desk and caused the boy to stumble and trip onto the hard, tiled floor.

And later I found out the boy was asking for tutoring. And he's a second year. Sigh.

And okay, I like the whole "Sirius cares about me so much he is always in guard mode", but this is getting a bit annoying. I actually ditched him one time, deciding to sneak away with James to talk about the future. Nothing that would cause a paradox, though.

But now, as I sit quietly in the common room with nothing to do, I'm completely and utterly bored.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes that were aching from staring at the fire for so long. Finally, I decided to resort to plan b.

"SIRIUUUUUS!" I called obnoxiously loud, throwing my head back dramatically. "HEEEELP!"

Sirius and Remus are currently up in their dorm, probably discussing their whatever-the-heck-it-is plan.

Loud, clambering footsteps rang out as someone-- guess who-- came stumbling down the stairs. "RENLEY?" Sirius bellowed. "WHAT'S WRONG?"

"I'M SICK!"

Sirius blinked, racing over to where I was laying on the couch. "HELP ME. I HAVE A BAD CASE OF--OF--" I sighed dramatically, tossing my head back and throwing a hand to my forehead. "OF BOREDOM!"

His shoulders sagged with a huff. "And here I thought I could be your knight in shining armor."

"More like knight of shining annoyingness," I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing!" I quickly answered. "Anyways, help! I'm BORED."

Sirius grumbled, collapsing onto the couch as well. I yelped as he plopped down on top of me, knocking the air from my lungs.

"Ah, much better," Sirius exhaled. "My back hurts from Moony constantly keeping me from laying down."

"Um, excuse you, but I'm kinda getting squished," I gasped out, slapping him on the shoulder.