29: Conversations

//

Henrietta stifled a giggle as she approached Sirius without him knowing. He was talking to Remus, his back to the approaching girl. Tonks was there too, holding Remus' hand (which was adorable) and Mrs. Weasley was standing there as well, hands on her hips.

Remus was the first to spot Henrietta. She quickly held a finger to her lips, signaling to be quiet. The werewolf glanced away and back towards the others to keep her presence unknown.

And then, before anyone could react, Henrietta shot forward and snatched Sirius' wand from his pocket. The man whirled around to see the suspect, but before he could make a full turn, Henrietta hopped onto his back.

"What the--?"

"Look guys! I caught a wild Sirius!" Henrietta exclaimed, arms looping around his neck. Sirius laughed and began jumping up and down, causing her to yelp and struggle to hold on. "Stop it! Or I'll throw up on you," she threatened playfully.

Sirius tucked his hands under her knees to hold her up, then turned to the others that watched with amused expressions. Well, except Mrs. Weasley, but that was understandable.

"So, how are all of you on this fine day?" Henrietta greeted, resting her chin on Sirius' shoulder.

Tonks chuckled. "Good. But Dumbledore mentioned the Minister earlier."

Henrietta wrinkled her nose. "Ugh, is it still Fudge?"

"Unfortunately," Remus grumbled.

"Joy."

Sirius added, "He just came to check up on me and get news on you. He's gone now, thank Merlin."

Henrietta blinked. "Check on you? Why?"

"Because I'm famous and he obviously cares for me," Sirius retorted in a 'duh' voice.

"OR, he was making sure Sirius was staying out of trouble," Tonks intervened.

The lavender-haired girl giggled. "That sounds about right."

"Pfft, ruin all the fun, why don't you?" the man huffed.

Henrietta gasped and leaned up. "I almost forgot! Guess what?!"

"Uh oh, take cover," Sirius teased, only to be swatted at.

Remus chuckled. "What?"

"Good ol' Minnie agreed to help me become an Animagus!" she announced.

Remus' eyebrows rose, and Sirius laughed excitedly. "Finally! Paws can live on as a real coyote!" the raven-hired man cheered.

"It shouldn't take as long as it took us, either," Remus added. "Since you'll have professional help."

Sirius scoffed. "Professional help. We didn't need Minnie because we had her books, remember?"

Tonks chuckled and shook her head in amusement. "Poor Minnie."

//

Henrietta entered the Gryffindor common room, staring around nostalgically. A pang of bittersweet emotion hit her. She was back in her own time, but the people she loved in 1976-77 were gone... She'd never see Pup chewing on James' shoe while he huddled next to Lily. She'd never witness them dancing like they did when Alice brought a muggle speaker out. 

How did Lily react when she learned her daughter was her best friend time traveler? Henrietta feared how she must've treated Sirius. Poor Sirius was probably so confused...

Henrietta perked up when someone cleared their throat behind her. She whirled around to see Harry standing there, a small smile on his face. "Hey," he greeted.