Epilogue

//

Henrietta and Sirius found themselves playing around like children one afternoon at Hogwarts. Henrietta had finished her Animagus training and was roughhousing with Sirius in his Grim dog form, while she was in her coyote form.

They wrestled playfully, and Claws just laid near them, eyes trained on the pair with her ear plates perked up curiously. 

Eventually Sirius and Henrietta ran out of energy. They transitioned back into humans, panting tiredly. They spent a while regaining their breath before relaxing.

The couple reveled in the serene moment. Henrietta sat up, smiling down at Sirius, who had his head in her lap. Her lavender hair tickled his face as she leaned down and pecked him on the forehead. Claws grumbled quietly, as though complaining about their affection.

Henrietta absentmindedly played with Sirius' hair while they rested there. After a while, Sirius realized she was braiding part of his hair.

With a puff of air escaping him, Sirius asked, "Are you braiding my hair?"

Henrietta giggled. "I'm surprised it took you so long to notice."

Sirius pouted. "Stop it! My hair is fine being natural."

The young woman laughed. "I'm not gonna stop. What kind of braid do you want? Fishtail, regular, waterfall? I think I can do a waterfall braid but I'm not sure..."

Sirius groaned. "Surprise me," he muttered dryly.

Minutes later, they'd transformed and continued playing around.

Sirius' dog form had a tiny braid.

//

Harry and Remus were standing next to one another on an overhanging ledge of the Hogwarts castle. They both chuckled at the sight of Henrietta and Sirius roughhousing.

"Does it ever make you uncomfortable? Their relationship?" Harry asked abruptly.

Remus smiled softly. "No, it doesn't." He chuckled and added, "Even if it did, I'd be a hypocrite."

"How so?"

Remus turned to Harry and whispered jokingly, "There's someone I've got my eye on. Don't tell."

The raven-haired boy laughed. "I won't... if you tell me who it is."

"Deal. It's Tonks."

"Tonks?" Harry gasped. "That's... not very surprising, but still..."

Remus shrugged. "You can't exactly decide who you fall in love with."

"Yeah..." Harry sighed, his gaze returning to his sister and Godfather. Now they were cuddled next to Claws, mouths moving occasionally to signal they were speaking to one another.

A thought suddenly came to his mind. With a little huff of laughter, Harry mused, "Seems like Henrietta is the only person to ever make Sirius so emotional."

Remus nodded. "Yes."

"Guess you could say she's Padfoot's weakness," Harry suggested.

"No," Remus chuckled. He spectated while Sirius laughed at something, tossing his head back.

"If anything, Henrietta is Padfoot's strength."

//