Day 8.

Dear Josh,

Today went better.

Dallon an Brendon visited. And those two can make everything better.

Instead of crying, they walk in, kiss your face, smile as they run a hand through your hair, and talk to me about nice stuff.

What did we do to deserve those guys as best friends?

They somehow always make everything better.

We talked about really nice stuff, really. Like the stuff we did together with the four of us last summer, and when we had a snowball fight in the winter.

We talked about music, and about how strong you are.

They aren't worried. They are certain you're gonna come back to me, to us.

When I told them about yesterday, they told me that you're strong, and you'd never leave me. They said you love me too much to leave me alone here.

Maybe I should try to look at it more positively as well.

I mean, the fact that you're in a coma isn't positive at all, but maybe I should look at it as if it's gonna be alright.

I'm living in doubt but maybe I should change that. I'm not sure if I can, by myself, but maybe.
Just maybe, I can.

Today, I didn't cry.

It's the first time since everything happened, that I didn't cry.

And today I sang you a happy, hopeful song. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World. You always told me to listen to that song if I felt bad.

It's one of the many songs we call our song. Now I'm singing it to you 'cause you always sang it to me.

It helped me, maybe it helps you too.

Maybe you'll come back if I keep playing the song. Or maybe I should play a song you think is really annoying, and you'll wake up to grab my ukulele from me and tell me I have to stop playing that song.

It'd be nice if you'd wake up. That'd make me happy.

The happiest boy in the world.

But take your time, love. Take as long as you need.

But please, just wake up.

I don't care how long it'll take, okay? I don't care. Take as long as you need, take all the time you need. But please, just come back to me.

That's all I want, Josh. That's the only thing I want. I just want you back one day. You can choose when you want to return to me.

I miss you and I love you.

As always,

Your Love.