Chapter 1- The Professor

A/N: these chapters are unedited so some words might be misspelled, wrong grammar, and random words that shouldn't even be there.

ALSO!!! i wrote this when i was 13 or 14. i am now twenty. i sometimes come on here and read parts of the chapters and i internally CRINGE. so beware lmao

add me on on snapchat @ hicamm so i can easily talk to you guys!

Chapter 1

Apartments are places to live, living costs money, which means this apartment will cost money. It's a bit odd to think about, but I think about it all the time. In order to live you have to survive by buying food and living in a shelter.

Now, here I am, standing in this apartment that I had just started renting with my OWN money (which I had been keeping up in my OWN savings) thinking about how in the hell I am supposed to afford this place.

I could just get a job, but for me, school is important to me and I will do anything to pass which means I won't have time for a job. But then again, how will I keep this apartment if I can't afford it?

I could have just stayed in the dorms at the college I'm attending which is St. John's University, but it wasn't qualified that you had to for the first year. So of course I wasn't going to, seeing how I hate sharing everything with people.

I've actually always been that way, I've never been the type to share with anyone. Plus I'm an only child in my family so I never shared with anyone.

Now back to the part about getting a job, I could just get one at a small restaurant. That seems easy enough seeing how New York City is huge.

I look around the apartment, seeing the images I saw on the internet in real life.

As you walk in from the door, you stand in the living room. As you look ahead, you see the kitchen, which is small, but that's okay because it's just me in here. There's also a window right in front of the sink, overlooking the whole city which is quite beautiful. It'll be even more beautiful at night because of all the lights.

Then right between the living room and the kitchen, there's a hallway leading down to a door, which is my bedroom.

I open the the door to a big bedroom and another door leading into the bathroom with a big bathtub and a shower.

This is perfect, this is all I've ever wanted. Ever since I was little I was determined to get out of Florida and come here. Things back home weren't too great, they still aren't. That's why I came here.

My stomach started to growl, just realizing that I haven't eaten breakfast or lunch. That's how focused I was to get out of Florida. I was so determined on leaving that I hadn't even cared for myself.

I decide to put my unpacking off and go get a bite to eat since it was almost dinner. I quickly open up my suitcase to get appropriate clothing to go out.

I pick out my dark blue jeans and a black shirt that I decided to tuck in. I put on my white shoes and start to brush my long blonde hair that ends to my waist, trying to get the knots out seeing how I hadn't brushed my hair all day.

I put on a little bit of mascara and nodded at myself in the mirror to tell myself that I'm ready. I look at my watch which reads that it's almost seven o'clock.

I throw my black small purse over my neck also shoving my phone into my back pocket and I head out the door.

I hit the elevator button, which opens quiet fast. I quickly walk inside and press the button to go down to the first floor.

All of a sudden, my phone starts buzzing. I read the name and take a deep breath. I answer it. "Dad."

The elevators open and I start to walk out of the building, trying to find a small place to eat at. Finally after a few seconds I hear him talk. "Clarence, where are you?"

I gulp. "I'm in New York City dad, you told me to go while you were consuming alcohol like it was water." I answer back to him in a bit of a tone.

The sky thunders, like it's trying to mimic my mood. Water droplets start to pelt my head, I move under the store roofs so I don't get wet.

His voice booms through my phone. "Clarence, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry." He says, for about the thousandth time. 'Sorry' is all that comes out of his mouth.

My jaw clenches and I bite the insides of my cheeks. "Oh really you are? Because if you were you wouldn't have hit me every night I lived in that god awful home." I spit out and hang up.

My hands tremble as I reminisce the nights I was in that home. Keep walking Clarence, you're out now. I shake it off and finally, my eyes land on 'Bar and Grill'. I watch for any cars that are coming, the signs clear so I quickly run across the road while getting rained on.

I frustratedly open up the door and walk in, looking around for a seat to sit in. I decide to sit up at the bar area where the workers are.

A few people are sitting at the tables, a guy and I are the only ones sitting up at the bar area. I sigh out loud and sit down, putting my head down.

There's always something that ruins my day, and my dad's always the something.

I hear someone stop in front of me. "You want a menu? Or do you already know what you want?" A lady asks, who looks like she'd rather be anywhere than here.

I pop my head up. "I'll have a cheeseburger and fries please." Unzipping my purse, I hand her a ten dollar bill. She licks her bright pink, uneven lipstick as she gets change out of the register, practically throwing it back at me.

"New Yorkers." I mumble to myself.

"I know what you mean, they're awful here." A sexy, deep voice says, catching my attention. Did I really say that that loud?

I look to the right of me and my eyes land on the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen in my life before, which is sitting seats away from me.