Chapter 16- The Professor

Chapter 16

I have about thirty minutes until I have to go to Bryant's apartment to get a ride from him to the restaurant. I stopped by at Bryant's to see what I needed to wear, he said that his mom was taking us to some fancy restaurant cause she's like that.

I feel like Bryant grew up in a rich family, something tells me that he did. But the thing is that most people that grow up in rich homes are usually rude and uptight. But Bryant isn't like that at all whatsoever.

So here I am, standing in front of my closet, trying to figure out what to wear. I texted Grace earlier and asked what I should wear, she started freaking out as to why I'm going out to dinner with Bryant and his family. I'll obviously have to tell her later, but she said something stylist.

I take out a tight black skirt that ends at about my knees, I also take out a white spaghetti strap loose top.

I get undressed and put the outfit on, I then look in the mirror. The skirt hugs on all of my curves which makes them stand out. The outfit actually really goes together, but I don't know if it's for me.

I shrug my shoulders and decide to just go with it seeing how it's fancy. I also want to impress Bryant's family because I don't want them thinking I'm some low life or some trashy girl that was in his apartment.

I walk towards the mirror, I gasp at looking at myself. I totally forgot about the bruise on my cheek. I take my finger and slightly touch it, I curse.

What if his mom and sister saw the bruise?

I put on some foundation and powder, trying to cover it up. After applying my mascara and foundation, you can kind of see the bruise but not that much.

After I curl my hair and brush through it so that it's wavy, I grab my phone and a small black purse, putting it inside. Just as I'm about to walk out of the door, I realize that I'm missing shoes.

"Shit." I curse once again.

I run back to my bedroom, looking through my closet. My eyes land on black high heels that actually go with my outfit. I quickly run through my apartment, tripping quite a bit seeing how I never wear heals.

Finally I get to Bryant's and knock on the door. I hear feet moving and the door finally reveals Bryant. God he's so sexy, help me lord. He's wearing light brown pants, a white shirt that goes down to his elbows, a gray tie, and black shoes.

I notice him looking me up and down, this is the best feeling ever. "You look... great." He states, his eyes finally meet mine.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I say back, smiling and blushing.

I notice the sides of his cheeks are pink. Is Bryant blushing? "Y-you ready to go?" He stutters, looking me over again.

I nod. "Nervous?" I ask him as he shuts his door, locking it on the way out. He places his hand on the side of my waist, leading me towards the elevators. My stomach is a mess from the feeling of him touching me. He has such a great affect on me.

He smiles while he laughs quietly. "A little, because your quite breath taking right now, even though you're breath taking everyday." He states, while we walk into the elevator.

If I'm not a tomato already, then I know I'm one right now. I can't stop smiling right now, it's incredibly hard to stop. I take my hand and move it down to his, lacing my fingers through his hand.

"So my mother knows we are kind of a thing, she just doesn't know you're one of my students." He states, but continues. "I-I don't know if I can lie to her, but if it's about keeping you, then I'll lie as much as I have too."

My body aches from everything he's saying right now, everything he says has such a great affect on me. He's by far one of the sweetest guys I have ever met before, I know he's not going anywhere. Hopefully.

"You're my professor, but I have a feeling, a feeling that this will work out." I say while smiling at him.

"Me too." He states.