Chapter 12- The Professor

Chapter 12

Five days have passed since the incident with Bryant and the lady he was with. It's now Friday am I'm sitting inside of my apartment, drinking a cup of tea as I look at out of the kitchen view.

I skipped English class which was Monday so I didn't have to face Bryant. I was still hurt and sad about it and I couldn't bare to go look and listen to him.

There's a party tonight, the same one Tim was asking me to go to. I don't know if I want to go because I can't have what happened last time happen again. I want to go so I can see Grace, seeing how I haven't seen her all week since I skipped the only class I have with her.

I did exchange numbers with Tim after my shift on Tuesday, I could exchange it with him on Sunday night because he had left early. Should I just go with him? I mean, Bryant's clearly moving on so why shouldn't I?

Ill just go and if I see him then I will hang out with him there, so it won't be like I'm going with him to the party. I'll just casually see him and talk to him.

I grab my phone from the kitchen counter and text Grace, telling her that I'm going to the party tonight.

I walk into my closet, taking out a pair of leggings and a dark olive green spaghetti strap crop top. I stick my feet into a pair of white shoes, I then straighten my hair and do my normal makeup I usually wear.

I hear my phone ringing in the kitchen, I quickly walk into the kitchen and answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey bitch, ill pick you up in a cab, be ready in five minutes." A familiar voice says, obviously Grace.

"Okay." I say, hanging up while laughing.

I stick my phone in my bra seeing how I have no where else to put it. I walk out of my apartment, locking it with my apartment keys, also throwing those in my bra.

I press the elevator button and it opens. I walk inside and it finally starts to go down, until it stops at floor six. I roll my eyes, knowing it's him but I can't help the butterflies in my stomach.

It opens, revealing Bryant. He keeps eye contact with me until he stands right beside me, I smell his cologne and I feel his body heat radiating off of him and onto me.

He sighs agitatedly, I then feel his arm girl around my waist, turning me around so that I'm looking straight at him. "I know that you thought the lady in the bar was with me." He states.

My body is on fire, not just because his hands are on me, but because he knows exactly what I'm thinking. "Obviously it was, who else would it be?"

"Um, my sister?" He states, within a matter of seconds I feel like the stupidest person ever.

How am I so stupid? Their eyes were similar, they were the same height, they had identical features on their faces. How did I not know that? And I also spilt water on her for no reason.

"My family is in town, my sister wanted to go someone so I took her there." He states. "I would never take another woman out when I have strong feelings for you, plus I wouldn't do that to you."

Now, I feel like complete and utter shit because I was totally debating on going to the party with Tim because I thought that Bryant was just playing me.

I don't know what to say, but when the elevator opens, i quickly run out so that I don't have to face him anymore. I know that I shouldn't have ran, but I didn't know what to do.

My hearts beating a million miles per hour because he just confessed his feelings for me, that was also another reason why I ran out. It was because he told me how he felt and I didn't know what to say or do.

Running is my best idea for everything that gives me a hard time.