Chapter 23- The Professor

Chapter 23

As we lay on Bryant's couch, my phone starts buzzing again. Its pretty late for someone to be calling me. "Who is it?" He asks as he runs my head.

"I don't know." I say as I get up from the couch and take my phone off his coffee table. I look down at the caller ID. Dad. "It's my father..."

"This late?" He asks, looking at the time to see that it's almost two o'clock in the morning.

A bad feeling comes over my body, the feeling that I got when Tim took me in the bedroom, but this feeling is weirder. I tap my finger on the 'accept' button, holding my phone up to my ear.

"H-hello?" I stutter, scared as hell to see what my father is going to say. Bryant looks at me weirdly, like 'it's only your father, what's wrong?' kind of look. But sadly he doesn't know what's happened.

"Hi, are you Tony Wilson's daughter?" A quiet voice comes through the phone. Wherever this person is right now, it's very loud and hectic. Who has my fathers phone?

"Yes?" I answer, but it mostly comes out as a question.

"This is a nurse from the Orlando Hospital, in informing you that your father has been in an accident, I don't know if you're around the area or not but if you are, you need to come now." She states. My breathing stops, it's like I can't breathe. When I try to talk, nothing comes out. "Ms. Wilson?" She asks.

"I-I'm in New York, t-there's no way for me to get there." I say, my eyes wide. "Is he o-okay? What happened?"

The lady sighs, I hear her shutting a door or something to make it quieter since wherever she was, was very loud. "Your father was heavily intoxicated while he was driving, I'm sure you know what could have happened from there."

Bryant puts his hand on my shoulder, tilting his head with a worried face. A tear forms in my eye. Why the hell am I crying for my father?

"He's bleeding internally and he's now going to surgery, are you sure you can't get on a plane?" The lady asks.

"I-I have classes, I-I can't leave." I say, stating the obvious truth.

My father needs me right now. "What's going on?" Bryant asks, wiping the tears from my face.

"Okay, Ms. Wilson, but he was asking for you." What the hell? He was asking for me? "I'll keep you updated though." The lady says, hanging up the phone.

After all these years of him abusing me, he was fucking asking for me?

I put my phone down on the coffee table, still so dumbfounded as what to do. Should I go to Florida? He didn't do shit for me, that bastard doesn't need shit from me then. My breathing picks up and soon enough Bryant is hugging me tighter than ever.

After a few minutes, my breathing calms down, I finally can speak. "My father was in an accident."

His eyes widen. "Do we need to go catch a plane?" He asks, worriedly.

"No, he didn't do shit for me so therefore he doesn't get shit from me." I say, pure venom in my voice.

"What do you mean" he asks, dumbfounded from the words I just said.

"Remember when I said you didn't know everything about me yet?" I ask him, he nods his head. "Well you're about to hear the whole damn story."

And so the time has come.