Chapter 25- The Professor

Chapter 25

"Clarence, you were like coming up for fresh air, I was drowning and you saved me and that's why I'm in love with you too." Bryant says.

I sit there, staring at him, surprised that he's in love with me too. I can't talk, I can't breathe, I can't move, it's like I'm frozen. But he does is lean into kiss me, and this kiss is by far different than all the other ones.

This kiss has pure passion, slow moving, and slow breathing. I'm still crying, I'm not sure as to why, but I can't stop.

"Why are you crying?" He asks, wiping a tear away from my cheek as he sits back down on his chair.

"I don't know." I say, wiping tears away from eyes, finally calming down after a few seconds of sitting there.

"Listen Clarence, something we both have in common is a rough past." He says. "You're not the only one that went through hell." He runs a hand through his hair.

"My father beat me as well, he also beat my mom and sister because he was a total drunk. My mother finally called the cops on him when he threatened to actually kill us, so he got taken to prison."

"I don't normally talk about it because I don't think it's something people would want to talk about, just like when you were saying you don't talk about what has happened to you."

Bryant knows exactly what I went through, I've never met someone so understanding before. "Those scars on your back were from him, weren't they?" I ask him.

"Yes, but a couple years back when I was about your age, I called him, I told him I'd forgive him but never forget and I believe that's what I think you should do." He says. "Because Clarence, if you don't ever forgive him even though he didn't say sorry, it'll stay with you forever." He continues. "I was listening to the lady when you were on the phone with her, he was asking for you."

I nod. "Yes he was." Tears are once again swelling up in my eyes.

"Your father has been in deep pain for years, he hasn't been comforted, not saying that you should have comforted him in anyway because of what he did, but the drinking became his friend. So that's why he did what he did."

I've never really thought of that before. My father didn't have any friends, his only friend was my mother since they were never apart from each other.

I can't believe I'm actually debating on whether to forgive him, maybe it would be a good idea and it'd maybe finally get off my chest. All these years of getting abused by my father, I'm probably going to forgive him.

Maybe that was a sign that my father wanted to say sorry if he was asking for me. What the hell am I going to do?

I nod my head at him, still thinking about what I'm going to do.

After a few minutes of thinking, I've come to my answer. "If you think it's a good idea, then fuck it I'll do it, but in a few days once he's able to talk." I say, taking a deep breath.

A/N: hope y'all are enjoying !!