Chapter 31- The Professor

Chapter 31

I wake up, turning over, expecting to see Bryant on the side next to me, but sadly he's not there.

I pout as I look at the ceiling, seeing how every time I sleep in bed with him, he's the first thing I like to see to make my morning.

I get out of bed, going through my suitcase to get out a pair of leggings so that I don't look trashy if I go out there with no pants on. I pull them up and put my hair into a messy bun so that my hair doesn't look like it has bed head.

I walk out of the bedroom, trying to find Bryant and hoping that I don't run into Barbra or Jenna so that I don't have to talk to them. I wouldn't mind running into Layla because she seems to really like me.

Just as I'm about to walk downstairs, I hear voices coming from a bedroom. I walk closer, eavesdropping on who's ever talking in the bedroom.

"Jenna, we are over, we've been over for years." I hear Bryant say angrily, wait what are they talking about?

"Yes I know, but I want you again. Seeing you with that girl, makes me want you more than ever before." Jenna says. "Be mine again."

My heart is on fire, there's no jealousy or sadness, it's on fire because I'm angry. "Oh, hi dear, come have some coffee." I hear a perky voice say. Barbra.

I turn around a bit startled, oh god. I internally groan inside, not wanting to talk to her whatsoever. "Uh, okay." I say, following her down the staircase.

I really wanted to hear what Bryant had said after what Jenna said, but of course, Barbra has to ruin that.

She hands me a cup of coffee, I take a sip, moaning from how good it is. "You know, Bryant and Jenna go way back, those two love birds used to be so cute."

Lovebirds.

"Jenna has been Layla's best friend for forever, I can't even remember when or how they met. But when Bryant and Jenna first met each other, there was some spark between them that no one could understand."

I sit there, wanting to know more and hoping that she continues so that I know the full story, no matter how it ends.

"They hung out every time Jenna came over to our house, this one in fact. But every time Layla went to hers, poor Bryant got so depressed and upset."

"All through high school they dated, everyone knew they were in love, in fact, they confessed their love for each other the day when Bryant graduated and good golly, it was the cutest thing ever."

They loved each other. When the words leave her mouth, my body aches in pain and tears sting my eyes, but I won't let them fall in front of her.

"But then sadly, because of their age difference, Bryant went to college and Jenna started her last year of high school. Jenna broke up with him because she knew they wouldn't see each other that often."

"So soon enough Jenna moved on, but I could still tell she was in love with him, but the day Bryant found out she had moved on, he was heart broken, but that poor boy was still in love with her."

"Then he met you, and I know he says he's in love with you, but he doesn't love you as much as he loved Jenna. I could tell when he saw her, he was still so deeply in love with her, he just doesn't want to hurt you, so he'll stay with you and be in pain at the same time."

A tear falls from my eye, feeling so completely heartbroken.

"Oh honey, don't cry, hopefully he will get over Jenna sometime soon." She says wiping a tear from my cheek, smiling and walking out of the kitchen with her coffee.

With that, I walk upstairs, into his bedroom to gather my belongings. Just as I'm about to leave, I decide to stop by the room I first saw them in.

My heart stops beating for about a few seconds when my eyes lay on Bryant pinned up against the wall by Jenna.