Chapter 4- The Professor

Chapter 4

My eyes lock with his, I can tell all the relaxation in his muscles go tense as of I make him nervous, but then again he is my English Professor so I could see why he just went tense.

Grace looks at me confusedly as in 'what the hell just happened?' And honestly I have no clue what to say if she actually asked that.

My arms go weak because of how bad this is and obviously because he's in the same room as me and staring me down like he's thinking. I can't tell exactly what he's thinking, other than 'oh shit'.

He shakes his head and breaks eye contact with me, I look around flushed, and notice people are staring at me like I just committed a crime. Oh god, is it obvious?

Grace elbows me in the side and raises her eyebrow, looking back to him then me, him to me. "That's him." I whisper while looking down at my paper.

She gasps quietly, I can tell she's freaking out inside because I mean, who wouldn't. "Oh my god." She whispers.

I look back up at Bryant, or should I say Mr Johnson, but he's already staring at me. My heart flutters, but I can tell a lot of people seem confused as they all look at me.

I open my eyes widely at him, signifying for him to continue so it doesn't make it obvious as to that we know each other already.

He finally snaps out of it and continues his speech. "This semester you will learn about all different kinds of communications and speeches, some that you don't even know about."

As he continues his speech, my mind blocks him out and I think about the worst that could happen. Either people find out about what happened between Bryant and I or what if it gets around to all the professors that work here and end up getting Bryant fired?

Therefore, whatever the hell Bryant and I have, it has to end, I have to talk to him about us so it doesn't get any worst than it already is.

I can't let Bryant get fired, I won't let that happen. Even though I just met him, I care about him enough for his career not to end.

Finally the class is over, people start to pile out of the room, leaving Grace and I in here alone with Bryant. "We will talk later, but I have to go, my next class is all the way on the other side."

I nod my head, watching her leave the room. I then just realize that it's only Bryant and I together in the room. I take a deep breath, and decide to speak up.

I turn around and of course, he's already looking at me. "Listen, I care about you enough for you to keep your career." I state, fiddling with my fingers while looking down at the floor.

As I look back up at him, I can tell he's pissed, all of his muscles are tense like they were in the beginning of class, but this is different. "Okay." He says quietly.

As I'm about to walk out of the room and hand wraps around my waist which makes me spin around. Here I am again, face to face with Bryant. The feeling of him touches me makes my heart beat faster than it already is.

"Clarence, please let me stop by tonight so we can talk about this." He pleads, making me feel like shit because I know he doesn't want what we have to end.

I think about it in my head, I think it's best if he does, but thinking about it again makes the idea a whole lot worst. If he does it gives us more time to talk about things but then I feel like it could lead to something more than that.

I decide to nod my head just so we could talk stuff over. "Yes, come by whenever. I'll be home." I say.

I look down at where his hand is on my wrist, he finally lets go. I give him a small smile as i walk out of the room, leaving with a small aching pit in my stomach.

Now I'm on my way to Human Physiology, but how the hell am I supposed to think about human body parts with Bryant on my mind. I know for a fact I'll be thinking about him until I get home.

I finally make it just in time as people are still trying to find seats. I find a seat right on the end of the row and decide to sit there so I don't have to wander anywhere else.

As the small petite, short brown haired lady Professor starts to talk, my mind starts to wander off and think about Bryant.