Chapter 5- The Professor

Chapter 5

I set my book bag down on the floor and dive onto the couch, frustratedly sighing out loud while I think about Bryant. I've only known him for about a day and a half and he's been on my mind ever since, he just won't get out, he won't leave.

I don't want to get up, I'm overly stressed and tired at the same time. Seeing how I went to bed pretty late last night, my eyes start to close and I'm left in a deep sleep.

I open my eyes, disoriented from my long nap. I realize that it's night time so it has to be about eight o'clock, I decide to get up and pick up my phone.

I look up pizza places in town and click on 'Dominos Pizza', ordering a small pepperoni pizza since I'm starving.

I walk down to my bed room and decide to unpack all of my clothes. Once I'm done hanging up everything and setting clothes in drawers, I put on comfortable black leggings and a black sweatshirt.

As I'm finishing taking off my makeup, I hear the doorbell ring, I quickly put my hair up into a bun and take out some money I hid in the back on my drawer.

I walk towards the door and unlock it, opening it up, coming face to face with Bryant once again. "Oh I thought you were the pizza guy." I say.

He looks down at the floor, breaking eye contact with me. "Can we talk?" He asks.

I sigh, stepping aside. "Come in."

He walks inside, I shut the door. As he walks past me I can smell his cologne which smells good, I'm pretty sure it's a different one then last time.

We stand right in front of each other in awkward silence but thankfully he starts talking. "I like you and it's insanely weird that i do because I just met you, but..." he says but never finishes.

My heart is going wild at the moment because she just confessed his feelings for me but he never finished, so I decide to do it for him. "I'm your student and your my professor." I say.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair which is insanely sexy. "Exactly." He states. "Whatever we have, I like it, b-but it's just wrong."

I nod, understanding. "It's not professional, I understand." I say. "And it's not professional for a student to like their professor either."

"Yeah." He says.

"You seem very young to be a professor though in college, did you just graduate or something?" I ask curiously trying to find out.

He nods, answering my question. "I really liked English, so right as I got out of high school, I joined college and aimed my career to be an English professor. I'm twenty two years old."

I nod my head. "God, why do you have to be my professor?" I say, letting my thoughts out of my head.

He smiles sadly. "Why do you have to be one of my students?" He asks.

"I guess not everything goes as you want it to." I state.

"Just because whatever we are is ending, it doesn't mean I wanted it to." He states, slowly walking towards the door.

"I know." I whisper quietly.

I walk towards the door and open it for him to let him out of my apartment. Once he's halfway out of the door, he stops and turns around, placing his hand on my cheek, making my body flinch. He kisses me on the temple and looks me in the eyes.

"Goodbye Bryant." I say.

"Goodbye Clarence." He says and walks out of my apartment, I slowly close the door, sliding down and sitting on the floor. I put my hands on my face while looking down at the floor.

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter, this was just something I thought needed it's own chapter for.