Chaoter 17- The Professor

Chapter 17

Bryant and I enter the restaurant which is quite full of lots of people. Couples, families, and friends are all in here. Earlier when Bryant said that we were going to a fancy restaurant, I didn't think it was going to be this fancy.

Chandeliers are hanging from the ceiling, everything is glass, I think the chairs may even be glass of I'm being honest. People are wearing dresses that you would wear on a red carpet. Here I am, wearing a skirt and a shirt. Also, everyone here is so beautiful, I feel like a low life. Something that I don't want to look like.

"Are you okay?" Bryant asks me, noticing that something's wrong.

Like I've said before, I hate crowds of people, I get nervous and I sometimes get anxiety. I was never around big crowds of people, I always stayed in my bedroom once my mom passed away.

I only went to school and that was it, I didn't meet Grace until a little while after my mother passed. Grace was a life savior though, she kind of broke me out of my shell.

"Everyone is so dressed up, I feel like I'm underdressed." I say quietly, seeing how the restaurant is quite quiet.

Bryant takes both of my hands so that we're facing each other. "Clarence, you are beautiful, it's okay." He says.

"Bryant!" A familiar voice says.

We turn around to see his mom and his sister. I wonder where his dad is. "Hi mom." He states, giving his mom a kiss on the forehead. "Hi Layla." He also says, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

So his sisters name is Layla, that's quite beautiful. "Hi, I'm sorry that we didn't meet like we were probably supposed to, but I'm Clarence." I state, awkwardly smiling.

"Hi dear, you can call me Barbra, and this is my daughter and Bryant's sister, Layla." Barbra states.

Barbra is wearing a lose black dress that really suites her well, seeing how she looks really good in dresses. Usually aging people don't wear dresses. But then again, she doesn't look that old.

"Hi it's nice to me." Layla smiles. "Aren't you the girl from the bar? The one who spilled water on me?" She asks me.

Oh god, there it is. I laugh embarrassingly. "Uh, yes, and again, I'm really sorry about that."

"Oh no it's okay, it was kind of funny after." She says while she laughs.

A big sigh of relief leaves my shoulders because she doesn't care that that happened, maybe she's not uptight after all. Neither is her mom. "Alright so we should go sit down, I made reservations." Barbra says.

Bryant takes my hand a leads me to the table. He pulls out the chair for me, I give him a small smile, telling him 'thank you'. He then scoots me in.

As the waiter takes our orders and drinks, Barbra speaks up. "So where did you two meet?" She asks us.

I look over at Bryant. "Uh, Layla, remember the bad and Grill we went to? Well that's where we met each other."

"Oh that's nice." Layla says. "So, where do you work, Clarence?"

I cough awkwardly, thinking of what I should say. "I'm actually taking classes at a college a the moment, but I'm going to major in science."

"What college?" Barbra asks, titling her head.

Wait, what if she knows where Bryant works at? Maybe she doesn't, so should I just say it? "St. Johns University." I blurt out.

I take a deep breath, realizing that she's figuring everything out. Oh god, did I just ruin everything!