Breath, You're Fine.

~~Mark's POV~~ (A\N shock horror😁)
I had just finished cooking so The sound of sizzling eggs could be heard throughout the house. As I put the toast onto two plates, I lifted​ the pan off the stove only to hear whimpering. I carefully placed​ the pan back down and swiftly headed in the direction of the sounds. The noises led me to the bedroom. When I looked​ in the room I saw Jack crying in his sleep. Jack's face was distorted into a expression of fear and he was curled into a ball. A nightmare? The room felt cold. I rushed over to Jack and scooped​ him up into my arms. I'm not sure why I did but it seems to help. I rubbed his back. Jack's skin is cold. His eyes open slightly. The skin around his eyes had become red again.

~~Jack's POV~~
One minute I am crying by the corpse of my best friend the next I am crying in the warmth of said friends arms. Was it a dream. The memory of the blood is still vivid. I am staring into Mark's eyes, seeing the same concern as yesterday. I still have tears on my cheeks. It was just a dream... No.  A nightmare. Relief washed over me. "Y-your fine..." I whispered between sniffs. He nodded and questioned

"what are you upset about? A nightmare?". I nodded​. The memory makes my want to curl up and cry again but I didn't do that. I can see that Mark can tell that. "do you what to Talk about it?" Mark quizzed. I am hesitant at first but maybe it would help? I nodded slowly.

"But I don't want to talk in this room" it sounds weird but this room feels... strange right now. Mark seems to get that feeling too and we go into the kitchen ,where I find he has made some food. I sat on one of the bar stools and Mark another opposite. I tried to start talking about the nightmare. Key word tried, but the corpse and the blood are still so...Vivid. I looked​ at my feet, feeling the thoughts crawling their way back into my head. Mark definitely saw that as he put his hand on my shoulder.

~~Mark's POV~~
After I put my hand on his shoulder he looked up again. The look in his eyes shows upset - probably from the nightmare - but also determination. He started to tell me about the nightmare voice mostly steady until he got to the part with Anti and me being dead. Then he began to sniff and cry. I ones again scooped​ Jack into my arms ,meaning he is on my lap, to comfort him.

"It's okay, Jack" I soothed​ in the comforting voice I've used a lot over the few hours I've been here. "I'm alive,you're safe and everything will be okay". I say one last thing before He starts to pull himself together again, with longer and smoother breaths "breath, you're fine." After Jack calmed down we both end up blushing as The position I assumed to comfort Jack was a bit strange. He chuckled, something that is good to hear, before getting off my lap. "Maybe we could eat now, i made some food with what was here" I stated​ moving over to the now thoroughly cooled egg and toast. I put the plate in front of Jack.

~~Jack's POV~~
"It's probably cold now and-" break Mark's sentence by putting a finger on his lips. I look directly into his coco-coloured eyes and plainly told him "that doesn't matter, just thank you". I started​ eating and ,even with the very small amount of food I had in my house, it tasted pretty good. Things seem to be looking up. But for how long?

A\N nearly 100 reads on my book, that's so cool. Also sorry for being kinda inactive, writers block, school and I am working on some Undertale OC's. If you're interested I will probably be posting them on my tumblr, same username as on here but my main blog is called just where I'll shitpost.
Wolf out~