Fluffy Shopping.

~~Mark's POV~~
I ate the last corner of my toast and got up, putting the plate on the draining board. Hmm. I paced around the kitchen checking the cupboards, surveying and mentally noting what I will need to get at the shop. Milk,eggs,bread,some meat-. My thoughts where interrupted by Jack who was now standing beside me. I jumped a bit as I hadn't heard him move there. A light chuckle escaped his mouth.

"you okay there? I was just going to asked you what you where mumbling about" Jack questioned with a smile. I was mumbling? Obviously I wasn't thinking of what I would buy but saying it. I chuckled a bit then responded with

"yeah, I was mumbling about stuff I'll need to get from the shop". Jack seemed to tense up a bit at the mention of shopping. "In fact I'll probably need you to help me get to the nearest shop. If that's fine with you." He looked at his feet before looking up again.

"I-I don't know about that" Jack stuttered. I stride out of the kitchen to get my shoes before returning and with a reply of

"but the only alternative is you staying here by yourself." He weighed up his options before also getting his shoes and coat. A minute later I have my dark red coat on and Jack had a thinner, light orange coat on. It was the only one that wasn't torn to shit. I grabbed my wallet just before leaving. We walked down the still beautiful looking street with Jack leading but not that far a head. It's still chilly but not as cold as before. We kept walking passing a few people on the way. We stop at a quaint, colourful shop. The name was nothing special. The door is red and the rest had orange and yellow colour scheme. Jack opened the door for me and I stepped into the shop. It was as you would expect from how it looked on the outside. A few people were in the shop. A few security cameras were in the corners and there were plenty of shelves around. Jack stuck close to me as I attempted to locate the isles I needed. Jack would pitch in to help me. Soon I had a basket full of the things needed to keep Jack's house running, and a few things not necessary including a cake that Jack had convinced me to get, and were heading for the counter to pay. Jack had insisted on paying for it but I wanted to pay some as I would be using the things too. As a result we decided to split the cost. Jack hung back a bit when we approached the counter. Behind it was a joyful looking, older lady. She was smiling and had a floral dress and cardigan on. She seemed very friendly and my observation proved true. The lady spoke in a accent thicker than Jack's and with a sweetness to it.

"Hello there Séan, haven't seen you round in a while" she remarked. Jack moved a bit closer and replied

"yup, it's been a bit strange these few weeks Mrs Connolly." Mrs Connolly took the basket of shopping and scanned it at a steady pace. She gestured to me and questioned

"is this that Mark friend you talk about?" Jack didn't reply very fast so I did that instead

"yes, it's nice to meet you, Mrs Connolly." She smiled at me and returned the nice to meet you.

~~Jack's POV~~
She had nearly finished the scanning and she hasn't mentioned the incidence yeah. I silently sighed. Then Mrs Connolly asked

"have you been okay since that incidence a few weeks ago, Séan?" Fuck. I jinxed it. Mark looked at me in slight surprise but mostly interest.

"Yeah, nothing like that has happened since then" I stated nonchalantly. I was lying of course as the same thing has happened several times since then but I am not going to tell her that. She smiled

"that's good." She had finished scanning the items and packed the bags. So we both got out some money and paid. It turned out that Mark hadn't traded his dollars for pounds in the rush to get here but Mrs Connolly was kind enough to take it anyway. She told us she would trade it in later. We said our goodbyes and made our way back to my house. But not without Mark asking

"what incidence did she mean?" I turned to meet his eyes and debated telling him but I knew if I didn't tell him he would bug me for it.

"Before I became reclusive I when there one time and Anti tried to take over..." I paused looking at a still interested Mark and continued "I fell to my knees and clutched my head and all that stuff." I bit my lip. "I-I could have hurt someone. He could have hurt someone" I mumbled wanting to disappear remembering. Mark seemed to realized this and affectionately squeezed my shoulder.

"But you didn't and that's whats important." It's small but it still makes me feel better. I sighed.

"Thanks."

We soon reach my house again. We unpacked the groceries into the cupboards, cleaned up the shards of mirror I had broken in the bathroom and the hall and a few other things here and there. The walls remained, for now, covered in writing.