Chapter 1

"OW!" I rubbed the back of my head tenderly and turned around to see that I had just been hit in the back of my head by a volleyball. A girl with black hair and piercing blue eyes came half jogging toward me with a smirk playing on her lips. She wore a volleyball tank top with the college's mascot on it and a pair of white shorts.

She picked up her volleyball and sat down on the grass beside me. She looked over at the group of guys who were throwing a football around. "I wouldn't be staring at him if I were you." She gestured to the guy that I had ashamedly been eyeing up for the last fifteen minutes.

I shook my head quickly back and forth. "No, no; I-I wasn't--" I began before she let out a laugh and cut me off.

"I don't blame you; he's one of the most attractive guy who attends Lincoln." She told me. "But he's bad news so I had to knock some sense into you; literally." She said and tossed the volleyball up.

"Wait, you did that on purpose?" I asked in a slight astonished tone. I rubbed the back of my head once more.

She chuckled. "Hey, we girls have to look out for each other." She stuck out her hand. "May Graham."

I took her hand and shook it once. "Nova Parker."

"Nice to meet you, Nova." She smiled; and then a look of curiosity filled her expressions. "Are you related to Silas Parker?"

I nodded. "He's my brother." I informed her. "Do you know him?"

May nodded. "And of course, he's your brother." She sighed. "You two are the classic blonde hair, blue eyed, unfairly gorgeous people."

I laughed. "First of all, my brother is a troll; so thanks for putting me into the same box." I began. She grinned. "Second, I think our eyes fall more into the green spectrum."

May laughed. "Fine, fine." She stood to her feet and wiped the grass off the back of her shorts. She brought her eyes back up to the guy. "Stay away from Jude Simon." She warned in a serious voice. "You'll thank me later." And she trotted back to her volleyball game and to her very impatient looking friends.

I looked back over at Jude. He was talking and laughing with his friends as they threw the ball around. He was totally gorgeous. Black hair that looked a lighter shade of brown as the sun shined down on him. He had what appeared to be blue eyes, but it was hard to tell from where I sat. Not to mention a great body from what I can only assume to be from hours in the gym every day.

I looked down at the grass that I was unconsciously ripping from the ground. I had promised myself before I started school that I would focus solely on my studies and wouldn't even think about dating. Being as to how it was my first year of college and classes wouldn't start for another week I had to keep that promise. I decided sitting here and watching this insanely beautiful guy wasn't do me any favors so I got up and started walking in the direction of my dorm hall. Out of the corner of my eye I just barely saw one of the guys who Jude was throwing the ball with overthrow him greatly and the ball coming straight toward me. I was already hit with one ball today and I was not planning on going for two. I turned as the ball was about a foot away and caught it with ease. All of the guys seemed surprised by this, but then erupted with applause and cheers. Silas played football in high school (and still does in college) so I would throw the ball around with him occasionally.

Jude came jogging in my direction. Oh no. "Nice catch." He told me with a heart stopping smile. I tossed the ball back to him. "And nice reflects."

I giggled a little too much and internally punched myself. "Ah, that was nothing." I said, brushing it off. "My brother has thrown much harder, and much more unexpected throws than that."