Chapter Six - Second Encounter

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Six – Second Encounter

*Madelynn's POV*

"Hey Jayden." The moment I heard this name, my eyes automatically snapped to the direction where Hailey is looking.

It's him.

Jayden.

Slowly, my legs started moving, bringing me to him. I stood in front of him and looked up to him. The same feeling came back. My heart is pulling me to him. He stared at me strangely and looked at the others.

I took a step closer to him and stretched out my hand, wanting to reach out to his face. I want to touch him. I want to feel him. The minute he realised what I am doing, he took a step back to avoid my touch. My hand stopped in the midway awkwardly. What am I doing?

I could feel all eyes are on me. I quickly take back my hand and placed it at the side. I focus my attention on the ground, not daring to look at them. I slapped myself mentally. Why am I acting this way whenever I'm around him? What is wrong with me? He might think of me as a strange person. I groaned inwardly at the thought of it.

"Erm. Madelynn, this is Jayden." Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Hailey pointing at me. "And Jayden, this is Madelynn."

I take a peep at him through my eyelashes. "H-Hi." I squeaked out. I probably sounded like an idiot.

"I know. I met her at Uncle Jackson's house. She is Uncle Jackson's adopted daughter." I can't help but to feel a little happy when I realised he remembers me.

"Uncle Jackson?!" I heard Chloe asked in surprise.

"You know my dad?" I looked at her and asked. Chloe took a glimpse at Jayden before turning back to me.

"Yea. Uncle Jackson and Aunt Shella lived in this town once before they moved away 4 years ago." Chloe explained.

"Oh. They never mentioned this to me before." I said, feeling a little uncomfortable. Are they hiding some things from me or I'm thinking too much? Chloe smiled weakly at me. There is a moment of silence before Hailey decided to break it.

"Lynn, let's go to the study room to discuss our assignment." Hailey said.

"Ok." I said. Finally, everyone started walking separately to do their own things.

"I'll see you later, ok?" I heard Hailey asking Brayden. Brayden has his arms around Hailey's waist and he seems not wanting to let her go.

"Silly." Hailey leaned forward and peck him on his lips. She wriggled out from his arms and linked her arms with mine. "Let's go."

Both of us headed up the stairs and walked down the hallway. Taking a closer look, now then I realised their house is so grand on the inside. There are paintings hang along the hallway. The floor is made of wood and well polished. We passed by a few doors and stopped in front of one of them. Hailey go ahead to push open the door. The room is huge! The room is filled with books, tons and tons of books.

"Wow." The walls are brushed with white paints and the ceilings are covered with wall papers of the sky.

"Lynn, I will go and print the assignment out. Feel free to look around in the meanwhile." Hailey said and left.

I walked between the bookshelves, letting my fingers sliding passed each book gently. I took out a few books which catches my eyes and flipped it. I continued exploring the place and looking at the books. And my eyes happened to land on this particular book. The book is being hidden behind the other books. The difference between this book and the others is that this book has a leather cover. When I roughly flipped through the book, I realised it is not just a normal book. It is a personal diary. At the corner of the first page of the book, there is a word written on it – 'Cassidy'.