Chapter Ten - The Donor

Sorry for not updating 'The Fiery Alpha'. Have been busy with life and my studies. So here's the update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Ten – The Donor

*Jayden’s POV*

I sat in my own study room, thinking back to the incident with Madelynn at the lakeside. Not only me, ever since we came home, Jake has been pacing back and forth in my mind. It’s getting kind of annoying.

‘Jake, stop messing my mind.’

‘Don’t disturb me. I’m thinking.’ He literally snapped at me.

‘Thinking about what?’ I asked.

‘Callie. Callie. The bond. It’s broken long time ago. Why does she say that it still there, connecting us?’

‘Jake, she is probably lying.’ I was actually hoping that there might be a chance that Cassidy is still alive. But I know it’s impossible. I’m the one who buried her, using my bare hands.

‘B-But…’

“Should we tell Jayden?” Suddenly, I heard voices outside of my room door.

“I mean he has the right to know. And this… we should give it to him.” These voices sounded like Hailey. I took a whiff of the air. It’s Brayden and Hailey standing outside the door.

‘Would the 2 of you like to come in and tell me what’s going on?’ I mind-link the both of them and I could feel them startling.

Soon after, there is a knock on my door and Brayden is the first one to walk in followed by Hailey.

“Something that you both would like to share?” I asked as they sat down in front of me.

“Erm… This.” Hailey placed the brown leather book that she has holding on to on the table, facing me.

“Cassidy’s diary.” My eyes snapped up to Hailey’s the moment I heard her name. I quickly flipped open the book and glanced through it. Looking at the handwriting, I know. This is definitely Cassidy’s handwriting. When does she have the habit of writing? How come I didn’t know about it?

“Where do you get this?” I said with a harsh tone.

“In the main study room.” She answered. I looked back down to the book and flipped once more again. ¾ of the pages are filled with words, whereas the rest are empty pages.

“Jayden, there is something I need to tell you.” Hailey suddenly said.

“It’s about Madelynn.” I looked at Hailey, waiting for her to continue.

“4 years ago, Madelynn has undergone a heart transplant operation. Coincidently, she is adopted by Cassidy’s parents.” I raised my eyebrows, looking at her confusedly.

“Madelynn told me that she has dreams, flashbacks or images, or whatever you wanted to call it, about you and Cassidy.” My eyes widened in shock. How is that possible?

“She dreamt about your first meeting with Cassidy at the Annual Werewolves Gathering. I’m sorry that I also took a glimpse in Cassidy’s diary. But what she said is true. Cassidy wrote her first meeting with you in the diary.”

“But she could be lying. She may have seen the diary first and then tell you the story.” I argued.

“Why would she want to do that? She has nothing to gain from this. Moreover, if she wants to lie, she shouldn’t have told me about the diary, Jayden. And… on the day we first met her, Brayden and the rest are acting strangely. And Aiden called her ‘Luna’.”