Chapter Twenty Five - Goodbye

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Twenty Five – Goodbye

*Madelynn’s POV*

I stood in front of him but leaving a certain distance. None of us speaks. We spent the time standing at the same position, busy staring at each other. I didn’t know I was crying till I felt my cheeks getting wet.

“Madelynn?” Jayden hesitantly took a small step towards me.

I smiled weakly at him. “Goodbye, Jake.”

Jayden furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me in confusion before realisation hits him. “Callie?”

“H-How…”

I walked up to him slowly. Reaching my hand towards his face, I stroke his cheek gently. “This time… I’m really going to miss you. A lot.”

He closed his eyes and leaned into my touch. The next time when he opened his eyes, his supposing brown eyes are now pitch black.

“Callie…”

I smiled weakly at him. “At least this time, I got to say goodbye.”

“N-No. No. What goodbye? You cannot leave me. I just got you back not long ago. You are not leaving. You are not saying goodbye.” Jake looked at me with a pair of sad, pleading eyes. “You can’t leave me…”

“I understand very well how Jayden feel towards Cassidy. And Madelynn understands that too. She didn’t want to put him in a spot…”

 “But Jayden is changing his thoughts about Madelynn. I can feel that. Just don’t give up yet.” He pleaded desperately.

 “We all know how important Cassidy is to Jayden. Jake, you love Cassidy too. This love will always be the barrier that stopped Jayden in loving Madelynn. Unless Jayden could overcome it, otherwise, he would never truly accept Madelynn as his mate. And hence, we could never be together.” I walked nearer to Jake and pulled him forward till his forehead leaned on mine. I could smell his fresh, minty breathe when he is near me.

“Their love is beautiful. And it will always be an unforgettable memory. Just like ours. Therefore, I’m satisfied with this life. To be able to meet you, to be able to fall in love with you, to be able to be your precious little mate. Moreover, I am counted to be lucky to be able to see you once again. This is enough for me.” I said gently.

“No. No! This isn’t enough for me. We still have so many things that we can do together. It has been so long since we have a run together. And... And… We could lie at the lakeside together and look at sunset. And… And…” Jake is busying racking his brain to think of the things we could do. And I find him so cute looking when he is thinking hard. Without warning, I crashed my lips against him. He is shocked at first but later, he returned my kiss. Our lips moved in synchronisation. This is bliss. He tastes so good. I’m really going to miss him.