Chapter Twenty Three - The Cure

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Twenty Three – The Cure

*Madelynn’s POV*

After realising Hailey is probably being injected, Brayden shoved me out from the room. I know he wanted some time alone with Hailey. Then suddenly, I thought about the others. I dashed down the stairs and just nice they all entering the house. But the bad thing is the girls are all being carried in by the guys.

“Chloe! Ava!” I speeded up to them. Both of the girls are unconscious, lying in the arms of their boyfriend/mate.

“W-What happened?” I asked.

“They are being injected.” Chase spat out angrily. Aiden didn’t say anything and headed off, carrying Chloe in his arms. Chase then also left.

“Madelynn.” This voice. I turned around to face the owner of this voice.

“Jayden…”

“Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?” He asked, while looking at my arms and legs to search for bruises or wound.

“No. I’m not hurt. But Hailey…” Without allowing me to complete my sentence, he pulled me into his arms with my face contacting with his chest.

“Thank god you are ok.” He buried his face into my hair and muffled out. We stood in the same position for minutes before he decided to let go of me.

“I’m sorry. I-I just…” He ruffled his hair awkwardly.

“It’s ok. Are you hurt anywhere?” I asked.

“No. I’m fine.” I nodded at him and the both of us stood there awkwardly.

“I-I… I’m going to go and take a look at them.” Hesitantly, I turned away from him and getting ready to walk away.

“Madelynn.” I stopped my track when I heard him calling my name.

“Yes?” I turned around to face him. He stared at me and I did the same. None of us speak. In his eyes, it seemed he is debating over something in his mind. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish drinking water while swimming in the sea.

“Jayden?”

He looked at me for a second before looking away. “N-Nothing.”

I headed towards the stairs and before I take the first step up, I took a last glance at him.

“Jayden.” I called out to him gently. I waited for him to look at me before continuing. “The things you said back then at the lakeside… I know. I understand the importance of Cassidy to you. I won’t put you in a difficult position.”

“Madelynn…”

“I’m fine. I will be fine. So don’t you have to worry.” I smiled weakly at him and headed up the stairs.