Chapter Eleven - Jake

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Eleven – Jake

*Madelynn’s POV*

I ran and ran. I do not know what I should do. I do not how I should face them. How do people usually react after hearing this kind of information?

“Lynn!!” I know that voice belongs to Hailey. She has been shouting my name ever since I started speeding down the road.

“Lynn!! You can talk to me!! Aren’t we best friends?” Hailey shouted out while continued chasing after me. I hesitated for a while, slowing down my speed. I decided to turn around and run towards Hailey, hugging her tightly the moment she is within reach. Uncontrollably, I started crying out loud.

“Shhh.. It’s ok. It’s ok. Everything will be fine.” Hailey comforted me as she gently stroked my back.

“I do not know what to do. Everything is because of this heart. That’s why they adopted me. That’s why they love me.”

“Lynn, I believe they love you for who you are and not only because you are carrying Cassidy’s heart.” Hailey said. I shook my head vigorously and tears continued streaming down. I started breathing in deeply. The crying is causing me to experience a lack of oxygen. I dropped to my knees, holding onto my chest tightly.

“Lynn! Lynn!! Just breathe!! Just breathe!!” Hailey looked at me worriedly and stroked my back gently.

“Callie!! Callie!!!” Suddenly, someone ran up to us and pushed Hailey away from me.

“W-What…”

“Callie, breathe. You must be ok. I cannot lose you again.” I looked up to see Jayden looking at me worriedly. Callie?

“I’m not…” I was about to tell him I’m not Callie when my heart starting to hurt again.

“Callie!! Callie!!!” I heard Jake calling my name numerous times.

“It has been so long since I heard you calling my name.” I said weakly. Jake lifted me up and placed me into his arms. Tingles sensation running across my body and sparks dancing on my skin. I reached out my hand to use my fingers to sweep across his face. Every touch spread warm to every part of my body. The bond is starting to strengthen itself. I smiled happily at that fact.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. How can I not recognize my own mate?” Guiltiness and sadness filled up his whole eyes.

“It’s ok. I forgive you.” I smiled weakly at him and leaned closer on him, breathing in his scent.

“Callie. Callie.” I looked up at Jake and my eyes met with his worried ones.

“I’m fine. I’m just feeling weak.” My voice came out softly but I know he can hear me with his super werewolf’s hearing.

“I’m bringing you back to the pack house.” Jake immediately scooped me up into his arms and headed towards his car.

“But after the girl wakes up, Jayden and the others might have trouble explaining to her how she ended up in the pack house.” I said.

“I don’t care! That’s not my problem! I just want you to have a good rest. I just want you by my side.” He gripped onto me even tighter than before. A smile secretly crept onto my face. He is still the same as before – Overly protective.

“Jake, I’m not able to hold for long before I have to return the body to Madelynn. I only am able to explain the things that happened in the past to you the next time. The only way to save me is for Madelynn to accept me as part of her and hence willing to intertwine her soul with mine. In that case, Madelynn has to know about the existence of our species.” I explained.