Chapter Twenty Two - The Attack II

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Twenty Two – The Attack II

*Madelynn’s POV*

Today is the wake for my parents. Dress in black, I stood beside my dad’s coffin with Hailey and Brayden beside me. Drop of tears rolling down from my cheeks and dripped onto the wooden coffin. Hailey took a glance at me and placed her arm around my shoulder.

“Go ahead and cry. Cry it all out.” Hailey said.  I shook my head sideways a little. I went on to look at my mum before standing at the side of the room. I bowed a little at the people who came to give their offerings to my parents. Till the auspicious time, the coffins are brought to the clearings, the place where Cassidy was buried. I stared at the coffins as they are being lowered into the ground. 2 tombstones are created beside Cassidy’s and the words carved on it are shown like this:

Jackson Carter Lewis (Jacob)

Member of Red Blood Pack

Parent of Cassidy Marie Lewis

Mate of Shella Ashley Willow

06 May 1961

20 September 2014

Shella Ashley Willow (Sadie)

Member of Red Blood Pack

Parent of Cassidy Marie Lewis

Mate of Jackson Carter Lewis

03 February 1964

20 September 2014

Jayden has decided to include them as part of the pack. I turned my head around to see Jayden looking at their tombstones. His eyes lingered longer at Cassidy’s one before his eyes landed on me. Ever since that day when I woke up on his bed, everything between us seemed… kind of… awkward. He is gentler than before, more caring and the way he looks at me is warmer. I don’t know what’s running through his head. Is that pity? If it is, I didn’t want it.

I looked away from him and started walking towards the car. Suddenly, Hailey grabbed my arm and stood beside me protectively. Brayden then stood in front of her.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking around at my surrounding. As the wind gushes, the tree leaves and bushes rustles. Low growls echoes through the surrounding. When I looked towards the bushes, I saw black figures stalking out from there.

“W-What…” I wanted to ask what those in the bushes are. I have not even finish forming my question, my eyes widened in shock to what are standing in front of me.

Wolves.

To be more specific, they are werewolves.

I moved closer to Hailey and grabbed onto a corner of her shirt. “What are we going to do now?”

“Lynn, no matter what happens, stay close to me.” Hailey said, without looking away from those werewolves.

Without any warning, those werewolves growled lowly and charged towards us. Brayden immediately shifted into a large brown wolf. Hailey stretched her arm out to guard me.

“Lynn, when we find a chance, we are going to run out from this clearing and into the car. You are going to stay close to me. Do you understand?” Hailey said seriously.

“Y-Yes.” The whole clearing is filled with pieces of shredded clothes and the air is echoing with fierce animalistic growling. Wolf furs are dropping on the green grasses. Wolves are biting off each other neck. I couldn’t even recognise who is who.

“Lynn, we got to go!!” That is the last time Hailey said before she shifted into a white wolf. This is the first time I see Hailey in her wolf form. Her wolf is gorgeous. Her furs are snowy white. And her wolf is emitting a strong, powerful aura. I snapped out of it when I feel something nudging me. Hailey is signalling me with her wolf head, asking me to go.