Chapter Eight - One step closer

An early update!! =D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Eight – One step closer

*Madelynn's POV*

Night after night, I have been dreaming about Cassidy and Jayden. I do not know why I'm having all these flashbacks. For sure, all these memories aren't mine. I'm not Cassidy and I can't possibly be Jayden. Just what is going on? I just need some answers to this. Should I ask someone? Or should I call my doctor and ask?

I dragged my heavy feet into class. When I walked into the class, Hailey is already sitting inside.

"Morning." Hailey greeted me energetically. As for me, my morning sounded so dreadful.

"Are you ok, Lynn? Didn't sleep well yesterday night?" Hailey asked.

"I have been..." I paused for a while, before continuing. "Hailey, can I talk to you later?"

Hailey looked at me confusedly. "Sure."

After the lesson has ended, Hailey and I headed towards the school garden.

"Lynn, is there something wrong?" Hailey stopped walking and turned to face me instead. "You can trust me, you know? I could try to help you if you meet any problems."

I walked to a bench that is under a tree and sat down, with Hailey sitting beside me. "I know. I just don't know how to talk about it."

"I-I... I have been getting strange dreams."

"Dreams?"

"I have been dreaming about Jayden and... Cassidy." I feel Hailey tensed up beside me when she heard the names I have mentioned.

"Ca-Cassidy?" She stuttered out the name.

"Hailey, there is something that I would like to confess. I know it is rude to peek at someone else's diary. And I happened to read a few pages of Cassidy's diary." I said.

"Cassidy's diary? Where did you find Cassidy's diary?" Hailey sounded surprised.

"In the study room. That day when you went to print the assignment, I was exploring the bookshelves and I happened to find her diary hidden between the books." I confessed to Hailey. She is looking very shocked.

"We didn't know about that. No one ever mentioned that she has a diary." Hailey said.

"I just want to double confirm something. The girlfriend that you said who has passed away, is she named Cassidy?" I asked.

Hailey sighed a little. "Yes."

"Actually I just met Brayden and the rest last year. I didn't know about Cassidy until recently. Jayden met Cassidy 6 years ago. And 3 years ago, Cassidy met with an accident and passed away on the spot. The police told them that it is a normal car accident. However, the rest believed that it is not just a simple car accident. But there wasn't any evidence to prove their point. Her death is a big blow to Jayden. I heard from them that he is much cheerful in the past, with Cassidy around. But now..." Sadness filled her eyes. And I didn't know what to say. Both of us kept silence for a while.

"Lynn, what are the dreams that you are talking about previously?" Hailey asked suddenly.

"Remember that I told you I read Cassidy's diary?" Hailey simply nodded in response.

"That night, I dreamt about the things she wrote in her diary. In her first entry, she wrote about her attending the Annual Werewolves Gathering for the first time. And it was also that day where she met him. The day when she met Jayden. She called him her mate." I took a glimpse at Hailey. Her face is entirely pale.

"Hailey, are you ok? Are you not feeling well?" I reached out my hand to touch her forehead to check her temperature. It feels a little hot.

"Are you having fever? We should go to the school nurse." I stood up quickly, trying to pull her up with me.

"It's ok. I'm fine. I'm not sick. I'm just naturally a little hotter. Can you continue telling me about the dreams you had?" She asked. I sat back down on the bench, beside her.

"Other than that, I also dream about wolves, named Jake and Callie. The weirdest thing is in the dream; they can change into Jayden and Cassidy. I also dream about some moments between Jayden and Cassidy. Do you think they are real? Or is just my hallucinations?" I got a little worried when Hailey isn't speaking up.

"Lynn, you said you got a heart transplant 4 years ago?" Hailey asked out of a sudden.

"Yes."

"And you are adopted by Uncle Jackson and Aunt Shella?" Hailey continued asking.

"Yes."

Hailey then mumbled to herself something like "And they could sense their Luna in you..."

"Hailey, is there something wrong?" I panicked when Hailey seemed to go into shock.

"Hailey?" I started shaking her gently when she isn't responding.

"Is that even possible?" She continued to mumble to herself.

"Hailey? Please. Please talk to me." I waved my hand in front of her eyes and she finally focused her attention on me.

"Lynn, I need Brayden. I need to talk to Brayden. I need to go and find him." Hailey stood up from the bench suddenly.

"Hailey, is there something that I need to know?" I asked urgently as I feel Hailey is acting strangely.

"Don't worry, Lynn. I will try to find the truth out for you. At the moment, please don't worry about it. But now, I just need Bray..."

"Hailey. Love, are you ok? I could feel you panicking and your emotions are all over the place." In a blink of an eye, Brayden suddenly appeared out of nowhere. He held onto Hailey tightly and worried are written all over his face. Hailey immediately wrapped her arms around Brayden's neck and buried her face in the crook of his neck.

"It's ok. I'm here. I'm here." Brayden stroked her back gently. As he feels Hailey is calming down, his eyes immediately snapped to me.

"What did you do to her?" Brayden's voice sounded cold and emotionless. I flinched at the tone of his voice.

"Brayden, there is nothing to do with Lynn. Don't be so harsh on her." Hailey immediately defended me. "I'm fine now. I just got a little panicky just now."

Hailey then turned to me and held my hand. "I promise you I will help you to solve this puzzle. So don't worry about it. And thanks for telling me this. Thanks for trusting me."

I stretched out my hand and wrapped it around Hailey. "Thank you. And you're welcome." After finishing my sentence, I released Hailey.

"We are friends, aren't we?" I asked.

"No." I was taken back when she said that. Then she continued, "We are best friends."

"Best friends."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.