Chapter Seventeen - The Truth

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Seventeen – The Truth

*Madelynn’s POV*

“Tell us what you know.” Jayden said sternly. Currently, I am sitting in the living room with Jayden, Brayden, Hailey, Ava and Chase. I closed my eyes briefly, taking in deep breathes before starting telling my story.

“Few days back, I visited Cassidy’s grave.” All of them looked at me in surprised when I said that.

“I asked my mum for directions. It was then I met her. I saw Cassidy. She told her about The Secret Society. She told me to warn you guys that they are coming to attack using a new invented chemical which will destroy mates.” I said, of course skipping the part where Cassidy asked me to promise her to stay back Jayden’s side. I couldn’t say that out. I know he wouldn’t like that idea. The one he needs has always been Cassidy, and not me.

“I’m sorry for not telling. I just… don’t understand.” I paused a while and decided to tell them about the dream.

“I dreamt about Cassidy yesterday. She was standing in front of a door, listening to the people talking inside the room. It sounded like a guy named Robert Miller is confronting a group of people.” I said.

“Robert Miller.” Brayden clenched his teeth tightly upon hearing the name.

“It’s ok. It’s ok.” Hailey wrapped her arms around Brayden’s shoulder and said to him. Brayden immediately scooped Hailey up from the sofa and placed her on his lap, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

 “Continue.” Jayden said coldly.

“The group of people called themselves ‘The Secret Society’. They seemed to be form by a group of people who are being rejected by their mates?”

“Go on.” Jayden commanded.

“The Secret Society creates a chemical which will blind mate bonds and they have done it to The Shadow Pack. However, Robert Miller has other ideas. He wanted to be the only one to rule the world of werewolves by creating beast. And he does not want The Secret Society to get in his way. He insulted them. Then… Then…” As I say, I tried to recall the dream.

“Then?!”

“Then, there are some crashing sounds. A girl screamed. Robert Miller called her Alana.” At the corner of my eyes, I saw Brayden stiffened when I mentioned ‘Alana’.

“She can’t feel the mate bond suddenly. They said there is no cure for it.”

“N-No cure? Then Madison…” Ava said half way with her eyes trailing away and stared at something behind me. I turned behind to see Alexander standing there.

“No cure? What do you mean by no cure?!” Blood drained from Alexander’s face when he said that. I quickly stood up from the chair and rushed to Alexander.