Needed Confirmation

Losing sleep wasn't ideal and it was never something that Chanyeol liked doing because it messed with his focus and mood the following day, but Baekhyun's escapades with Kris kept him awake, leaving him to stare for hours at his blank ceiling just thinking about the idiot.

The fact that he got out of bed in the middle of the night—only to stay up until three just waiting for the little bastard—didn't help Chanyeol's situation. After fuming in bed angry as hell for an hour, he managed to fall asleep.

Right before he drifted off to sleep, Chanyeol wondered how the next morning would go and how he would handle it. He didn't know if it was going to be awkward or if Baekhyun would pretend like nothing happened—better yet, if he, himself, would pretend like nothing was going on.

Chanyeol found out what sort of situation it would be when he woke up in a different way. He didn't feel anything wet against his chin, meaning that Nugget hadn't delivered his stupid puppy licks. There wasn't a quick peck on his cheek either, which meant that Baekhyun wasn't there.

Instead, he woke up to the loud rustling of his window blinds being turned open. The light seeping heavily in his room hit his eyes, forcing Chanyeol to stir himself in order to move away from the light. After a second, he snapped both eyes open and looked to where the noise was coming from, only to see Baekhyun there.

After a while, Chanyeol noticed the sound of heavy breathing and leaned over his bed. He saw Nugget standing on his hind legs, using the bed's frame to steady his front paws. The dog was looking right at him, but Chanyeol gently pushed the pup off balance so that Nugget would stop. Nugget waited for a second to pass by, giving Chanyeol a whimper before trying to get up on the bed—though Chanyeol knew it was impossible.

Chanyeol rubbed his head before moving his eyes to Baekhyun's small figure trying to move the curtains out of the way and tie them off to the side. He watched as Baekhyun stood on his toes to fix a delinquent blind.

In terms of what happened that very early morning, Chanyeol still felt annoyed and angry. He didn't know what the hell the two were doing last night. The last time he checked, he told Kris to keep his hands off the idiot and told Baekhyun to not talk to Kris at all, but Chanyeol had no doubt in his mind that both of them broke those guidelines.

Chanyeol's bad morning mood might've been relieved to a point if Baekhyun had woken him up the way he had been doing. He didn't even realize that he was accustomed to the morning delinquents kissing him until then when he received nothing. If Baekhyun—with a little bit of Nugget on the side—gave him the usual morning affection, Chanyeol would've been swayed off his mood whether or not he wanted to be because that's just the kind of effect the two had on him lately. But instead, Chanyeol was put into a more depressing mood just watching Baekhyun.

After Baekhyun was finished fixing the blinds, he turned around and immediately met eyes with Chanyeol, who was watching him intently with focused eyes. Momentarily, Baekhyun pursed his lips before smiling at the guy.

"Morning!" When Chanyeol continued to look at him with an intent and blank face, Baekhyun pursed his lips and cleared his throat. "Well, I should go wake up Kris." He stood there for a second, giving Chanyeol somewhat of a sad, awkward look before stooping down to pick Nugget up. "Breakfast's done."

Chanyeol wanted everything that just happened to rewind and somehow replay again, but with Baekhyun not acting the way he was at the moment. As Baekhyun walked across the room to leave, Chanyeol willed himself to shut up and let the guy go. He kept telling himself that he had no business asking for Baekhyun to lighten his mood by servicing him, but the more Chanyeol quickly thought about it, he did need to pry the guy from whatever grasp Kris had on him.