Dead Ends and Lawyers

Baekhyun had decided to stay with his parents for the time being in order to "figure things out", and the house was, once again, quiet. It was far from the atmosphere that was there the day they got married on the beach.

Chanyeol tries to keep his mind off of things but his head keeps going back to the same old things. Kids, lawyers, and divorce.

He knows that Baekhyun struggled with things in silence, but he never realized what kind of insecurities he had kept to himself.

The shitty thing is that he can't remember any of the things he said that night, and Baekhyun didn't want to say it again. Then, when he asked if it was alright to stay with his parents for a while, Chanyeol agreed to it... and for the first time, he let Baekhyun go without a fight.

Opening his phone, he sees that he has a few messages, none of which are from Baekhyun. Nonetheless, he opens up their chat conversation to see the last words they exchanged fo each other.

[Baekhyun]
When are you coming back?? I have a surprise!

[Baekhyun]
It's 12am :( I thought you said you were supposed to be back by 11.

He never responded back.

Clenching the phone in his hand, Chanyeol frowns heavily, only lifting his head when he felt someone enter the kitchen area. When he sees that it was Kai, he relaxes. "Morning."

"Morning..." The greeting is a bit awkward. "Baekhyun's still gone?"

"Yeah."

"Any idea when he's coming back?"

Chanyeol didn't say anything. He doesn't have an answer for him.

As Kai begins to get the hint, he nods. "I'm going to go help Kyungsoo with the laundry."

Before the giant could say anything, Kai leaves, leaving him alone once again.

-

-

On the night stand, Baekhyun had left his wedding ring the morning he decided to leave the house. It was the first thing Chanyeol saw the moment he entered what was once an inviting space.

The silence left him wondering.

Was he really happy in their marriage? What did he want out of it? And what about Baekhyun? What did he want?

Having kids wasn't important—at least, he used to think. Recently, the thought of children became... enticing. But they couldn't have their own. Being busy with a multi-billion dollar company and an unstable household full of people constantly coming and going certainly didn't make their prospects of impressing an adoption agency any better.

Alcohol was obviously an issue but... it wasn't serious. Drinking with clients... That was fine.

But he yelled at Baekhyun...

Chanyeol walks over to the table and picked up the ring.

Baekhyun had left their house plenty of times before but he always came back. However, this time, it feels different— as if the brunet will never return again.

——-
A/N: I wrote this on my phone hehe PS: these Drabble are NOT  canon. They're just what-ifs and written for fun.