10/26/17

Let me begin by stating that I have no fucking idea what was running through my head last night.

Leave it to me to steal someone's car, and buy cocaine from a greasy pimp for an asshole that probably won't care one way or the other.

I'll admit I've always been hungry to get laid, but fuck, this certainly is an entirely new degree of desperation.

And I've already said it, and I'm going to say it again.

I want nothing to do with Danny.

I don't want to look at him, I don't want to be his neighbor, and even sitting at his fucking merch booth nauseates me.

But I have no choice.

So, I pried my ass out of bed, slathered on my eyeliner, shoved the bag of cocaine in my pocket, and began the miserable walk down to Main Field.

As soon as I got to the booth, I set up my shitty, ass-busting folding chair, and began to count down the hours until I could fucking leave.

About two hours in, I had received my first unwanted visitor of the day.

Oli.

"Why did you leave so suddenly last night?" he asked casually, shyly shoving his hands into his hoodie's front pocket.

"I just didn't feel like being there," I insisted, digging around in my back pocket for a cigarette.

Oli stood there in silence, staring at the ground.

"Are things good between us?" he blurted, flipping his hair out of his eyes.

"I guess so," I shrugged, impatiently shoving my cigarette between my chapped lips, "I didn't know there was an 'us'," I air-quoted.

"There doesn't have to be an 'us'." he declared, air-quoting back to me, "but just remember what I did for you."

"You told Danny to leave the party. Would you like a fucking trophy?" I said dryly, struggling to light my cigarette.

"You're right. I got rid of him for you. I didn't have to do that," he reminded me, thinking he could use this against me.

"It wasn't really that big of a deal," I laughed condescendingly, wondering why the fuck he was being such an ass.

"You're overreacting," I added.

"And you're ungrateful," he returned, walking away from my booth.

"Did you forget that you didn't want him there, either?" I called him out, "don't act like you did me this huge favor."

"I wouldn't have cared either way. I fucking got rid of him for you," he spat.

"Wait," I called, breaking out into a jog to catch up with him.

"Leave me alone," he said bitterly, flashing me a death stare over his shoulder.

I had no idea what was going on with these people around here.

It seemed like everyone had to find an excuse to be an asshole, resulting in them blaming me for everything.

I should be used to it by now, right?

I'm convinced these guys are better at being a bitch than I am.

And believe me, that's not okay.

Meanwhile, I watched Oli disappear into North Field, probably in a hurry to get back to his bus and pout like a man-baby.

"Why the fuck are you wasting your time?"

Yet again, I was lucky enough to have another British accent caress my gauged ears.