2: Getting Started

Authors Note: Here is a pick of what Rin looks like.

"So. Let's start simple." Hal started. "What is your full name?" Such a simple question. I know what they were doing. They were trying to get you to trust them by asking easy questions first. I know perfectly well that they already have all this information. Regardless I answered all the questions.

"Rin Nakamura." I replied. She smiled an wrote something down on the piece of paper. Such a classic move. I have been through way to many of these to actually show any desire into what I say. There all the same.

"So Rin. What do you do for fun." Well this is a fun question.

"Fire. I love to hear the screams of people and there loved ones as the flames of gold destroys everything in sight. Then the smell of burning corpses and ash fills the air making you want to do it again and again so you do." I explained the scene that came to mind.

"Interesting." said a voice. In came a man with short brown hair. He was dark, probably african. He wore the dame outfit as Hal did but he was not nearly as nice looking. Honestly I did not like it.

"Now let me ask you this. What is it you fear."

"Excuse me." I said.

"Everyone has something they fear. Something that will drive them into the dark just because it can." he said getting closer to me.

"Dr. Amadi please." Hal started. I narrowed my eyes at him. Not answering his question as his stare kept on me. This is different. I have never met a person like him in any of the twelve asylums.

"You have no right to know anything about me. Dr. Amadi." his dark brown eyes looked into my soul.

"Really. Do you not feel like you must answer every question that someone asks you?" he asked me.

"I have no interest in answering questions of a guy who obviously does not have any manors when talking to his own patients." I spat back to him.

"Floor three for now. A brat yet not yet proven dangerous." he said to Hal and then left the room.

"What was his problem?" I growled.

"He is my higher up. Dr. Amadi is a specialist when it comes to treatments yet he can be very hard on newbies. I suggest that you show him respect or you will end up regretting it." Hal told me.

"Creepy!" I shuttered.

"Well. The good thing is he put you on the third floor. If not for your reputation he would have stuck you on the first." Hal said to herself.

"Yeah. Oh well." Hal stood up and walked to the door.

"Em. Would you come and show our new guest around?" Hal yelled. Then came a girl who looked a lot like Hal.  She had the same hair minus the pink. She wore a blue t-shirt and blue jeans. 

"Hey. I'm Emma. Hal's little sister and a patient here at the asylum." she waved to me.

"I'm Rin Nakamura." I said back.

"So. What floor are you put on?" Emma asked.

"Rin is on floor three. Put her in room five please." Hal said.

"Okay then. I'll go show you around." she said. I sighed and jumped off the chair. After that I followed Emma down the hallways. First she showed me the cafeteria.

"Floor four patients don't come down here to eat, but everyone else dose and it's a god social hour. What makes this different from mot asylums is that there is no certain times that you need to eat. Although you can't eat after lights out, but that's at 9:00 so everyone just goes to their rooms for sleep." she said.

"What about therapy lessons?" I asked.

"They pick and choose when to do it. Once they want you they will sed a worker to your location. Lucky for you it will probably be Hal or Dr. Amadi." Emma stated.

"Why not you?" the confusion now was serious.

"Keep in mind that I am not a physiatrist. I'm a patient who happens to be less destroyed." That was a weird way of putting it. Less destroyed instead of using the words more healed. What kind of asylum is this? After that she showed me the library. There were so many books that I could get lost in them forever and still have more to read. Then she took me to my room. The door was metal with a small window in the top of it. When you entered their was a white army cot a white rug on the floor.

"There is always so much white in asylums." I said to myself.

"Sorry about that. It's just a thing."

"I have a question." I interrupted her.

"What?"

"Why are you here?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Did some things I'm not proud up. Wound up in here. Then my sister decided to stay close to me by becoming a physiatrist." I looked to the floor.

"What did you do Rin?" she returned.

"I burned things. I burned my house, school, friends, family." I said with a crazy smile. At first she was surprised and then her look softened.

"So your an arsonist?" Emma asked.

"Yup."

"Well maybe tomorrow you can meet all my friends. I can introduce you to a few people." she said. I shrugged. I wasn't one to try to make friends in the asylum. The first one I went to I did though. I had a group of friends and it was the best time in my life. Then I switched. I was forced to switch asylums leaving my friends behind.

"Well see you tomorrow. I have to get to my room before the lock all the doors Emma said. I shrugged again and looked around the room. It was so small, yet only enough not the smallest I was ever put in. I might just need to make this work. Oh well.

Here we go.

-

------------------
Word Count: 1015