15: Effects

Emma's P.O.V

When I woke up Hayley and Marcie were up, but Rin was still out. She was mumbling some weird things that made me wonder what exactly she saw in her sleep. My friends and I stared at Rin in facisnation along with Dr. Amadi. Rin suddenly opened her eyes with a jerk and breathed in. After looking at all of us se breathed and looked down. I saw a smirk form on Dr. Amadi's face.

"Scared?" he asked Rin. At first glance she looked scared. Her head down and her eyes wide. I saw her eyes close and a smile came from her. Then her entire attitude changed. Still with a smile Rin looked up to the doctor. Then she spoke.

"You think I'm scared of my past. It's already happened and I can't change that. Do I wish I could have changed it? Well yeah, of course. Everyone says that, but I don't care anymore. You can't scare me just by showing me the demons of my soul because I made friends with them a long time ago." Rin told him. He smacked Rin in the face causing Rin to shrug. 

"Rin. Are you okay?" Hayley asked and Rin nodded at her.

"Better than ever. Thanks to him I've been reminded just why I like to burn. He just got a little something wrong." Rin looked to Dr. Amadi. "When I burn, I like to be the one with the flame. Not you." she growled and pulled against the chains. Dr. Amadi stepped back a little. She pulled against the metal with all her might but all of her struggling was in vain. There was no way that they would break. 

"Looks like you won't learn a thing like this. You want to fight. Then we can fight." he said. Rin's eyes narrowed. He picked up his cell phone and dialed. 

"Hal. I'm done with Emma, Hayley, and Marcie. You can send some people to get them." he paused for a moment. "I still need more time with Rin." he paused again. "Yes." Then he hung up. Soon people came for us. At the front of the people Hal stood with her arms crossed. My eyes widened and then I looked away. I just relived what I did to her. This will be difficult. She walked up to me and she unlocked my chains. 

"Hal. I'm sorry." I told her. She looked at me with a questioning look. Then she saw it on the table. The needle with drops of black medicine in it. 

"Dr. Amadi! That is forbidden!" she yelled. Dr. Amadi shrugged. 

"It works doesn't it." Dr. Amadi added 

"Do you know why it is forbidden?" she said with her hands on her hips. 

"I don't care." he rolled his eyes. 

"That." she gestured to Rin. "It can make the subjects go crazy and make their old bad habits restart and they do the same thing that they did a long time ago. Which is why they don't use it in asylums anymore. The craziest people are here and it makes them worse. It's a death trap for everyone." Rin growled pulling on the chains again. 

"So you're saying Rin wants to burn all of us." 

"I've always wanted to burn the place to the ground. You idiots just don't let me have any fire." Rin said. We all looked at her and stayed silent. She is very angry right now, and I don't think anyone wants to get into a fight with her right now.

"The good thing is, there is a cure that we can give her. It's a simple mixture of complex ingredients to stop the growth of aggressive brain cells, but that does not stop the habits coming back." Gosh, there is so many bad things that come from this thing. Why is it all happening to Rin too. I mean, seriously it happens to Rin. I felt something in my mouth. It was a craving. I wanted some. I needed to eat. I covered my mouth trying to stop the craving. Hal looked at me.

"Emma. Are you -" 

"Hal. Lock me up." I interrupted. "I need it. I need to eat." I sat on the ground with my mouth covered. I bit my hand drawing blood. Hal watched as Dr. Amadi chained me back to the wall. I needed to eat. The memory of the human taste was glued to my mind. Warm blood full with the taste of iron spilling on your tounge. The tear of skin that went in your ears as you pull of the flesh of your prey. All of the memories came back to me. I needed to eat more and I stared at my sister. Memory of her taste worsened my lust for blood. 

"Emma. What's wrong?" Marcie asked me. 

"It's happening again." Hal said with fearful eyes. We all looked her with a questioning look. Hal stayed silent and put her hands to her eyes as she wept. Now on her knees, Hal cried. "It's all happening again. I tried for years to put it behind me. I tried for years to stay close to my sister." she said. "And now it's all ruined." This was no good. I needed her to make that medicine thing, so I don't end up doing something I would regret. Holding onto the last piece of sanity before I lose it all. 

"Hal." I said simply. "Stop freaking out like a lttle kid and make the damn medicine. . . please." I told her. She stood up and sniffed.

"Yeah okay Emma." I closed my eyes trying to imagine something else to take my mind off my thirst for blood. I could hear Rin struggle against her chains trying to get free. I knew it was useless, but something in me was saying the opposite. I wanted to feed and I craved for it. What am I going to do? Why do I keep wanting to get free? Hopefully this will all get better soon.

--------------------

Word Count: 1010