Chapter 2

Jessalynne

"Oh my god you're so weird!" I laugh.

"You are too!" Jayce laughs back. I push him off me, shaking my head.

"Come on I'm hungry." I sigh. He throws me over his shoulder and walks to his car, smiling.

"You're such a fatass. Not literally." He giggles.

"So are you!" I say, punching his arm. We head out and get onto the high way.

"Shit... fuck!" He screams. A truck is heading right at us! He swerves and it hits his side, leaving me unharmed.

"Jayce! Jayce wake up!" I cry.

"J-jessalynne, please, get out before me. You're more important. I love you, and I'll see you again." He coughs out blood as he speaks.

"No! Y-you can't!" I cry. His head falls to the side and I check his pulse, nothing there. I scream and climb out of the car.

"Why!?!" I sob.

~end~

"No!" I scream, shooting up. I start to cry, pulling my knees to my chest as the memory replays.

"Jess what's wrong?!" Greyson asks as he rushes in. I just wrap my arms around him, crying harder.

"I-I just can't get the scene out of my mind!" I sob.

"Scene of what, Jess?" He asks, sitting down and holding me.

"The wreck... I was there in the car... it's my fault! If I wasn't there he wouldn't have needed to protect me! I shouldn't have made him go out!" I cry, pushing out of Greyson's grip and walking away.

"Get back here!" He tells me and grabs my arm.

"Let me go!" I sob. He pulls me into his chest so start punching and hitting him, eventually giving up.

"Shhh, Jess it wasn't you're fault. You couldn't have stopped it." He whispers, kissing my head. I cry still, clinging onto the older and taller boy. He plays with my hair, singing Millennia.

"C-can you sing his favorite song?" I ask.

"Fuck... was it Uneasy Hearts Weigh The Most?" He asks. I nod and pull away, laying on my bed.

"Let's go to my room and watch a movie or something, yeah?" He tells me. I nod and feel his strong arms lift me up. He sings as he walks, laying me down. He's just like my brother, and I see him as an older brother.

"Grey?" I say softly.

"What's up?" He asks.

"I... thank you. You're just like my brother, and it means a lot that you're helping me through what happened." I tell him.

"I don't know how you're going to feel but... I just can't see you as my girlfriend. You're more of a sister to me, just like you were to Jayce. I hope to become closer to you, I want to be there for you like your brother. Not like replacing him, nobody could. But I feel like he'd want us to be close." He explains.