Chapter 5

Greyson

It's Lynne's birthday tonight and I can't wait. I'm taking her out to this place I went to a lot before I moved and met Jayce and her.

"Do I look okay?" She asks from behind as I finish up with the last button on my classic patterned blue and black flannel. I turn and I'm 98% sure my jaw hit the floor.

"Jess, holy shit. You... you look... I can't even speak. You look amazing." I stutter out. She's got a black long sleeved crop top with a maroon skirt, black thigh highs, and maroon converse. Her hair is in two French braids with very light makeup. She also has black plugs in with anchors on them.

"You look amazing too. Am I too dressed up?" He asks.

"No, princess, not at all. Now, shall we go?" I ask, bending my arm. She links her arm with mine, kissing me softly. I walk her out to my car, opening the door. She climbs in, still not being taller as I lean in to kiss her soft lips. She smiles wide, kissing back.

"You're such a gentleman." She giggles. I smirk and shut the door, walking to the drivers side and climbing in. I start up the truck, but turn and give her a loving kiss. She smiles and bites my bottom lip, causing me to chuckle.

"Not now, my love." I say with a light laugh, causing her to blush.

"Sorry..." She mumbles. I rest my hand on her thigh and squeeze it gently, smiling.

"No, baby girl that's okay. I just wanna save it for where we're going." I tell her. She smiles and lightly traces my fingers on my hand. I drive to the cliff that only I seem to know about, it being about an hour and a half away. She gasps and smiles, kissing my cheek.

"Greyson this is beautiful!" She exclaims. I look into her beautiful eyes and smile.

"Nothing can ever be as beautiful you, Jessalynne. I used to come here before I moved to your town, when I needed to escape my family. I've never brought somebody here, but I felt like you were the only one." I tell her, gently caressing her cheek.

"Greyson, oh god I love you." She tears up, hugging me. I smile and hug her tight, kissing her neck softly.

"I love you so much, beautiful. You're my everything and more." I tell her. She pulls back and I wipe her eyes. She giggles and blushes, looking down. I climb out of the car and smile, opening up the bed of my truck and setting up the blankets. I grab the cooler with her favorite snacks, putting it up there. I go to her side and open the door, helping her out.

"Greyson?" She questions as I cover her eyes.

"Don't open your eyes until I say, alright? Even when I remove my hands, just keep them closed." I tell her. She nods and I kiss her softly, walking her to the bed and lifting her up. I sit her on the edge and smile, removing my hands and getting on one knee. No, I'm not proposing. It's been almost a year and I can't lose my baby, so I made her a promise ring myself.

"Grey can I open my eyes?" She whines. I take her hands and chuckles.

"Yeah, you can." I tell her. She opens her eyes and almost immediately one hand goes to her mouth.

"No way, Greyson, are you..." She gasps.

"Lynne, I've loved you since I met you and your brother. Your eyes are so insanely amazing, your laugh immediately brings me up, you just over all make me happier than ever. I love your smile, it's contagious. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you, baby girl. Now, let me get to the good stuff. I'm honestly terrified of your answer, and I'm hoping it's good. Jessalynne Marie Sienna, will you please accept this promise ring?" I say, my hands almost too shaky to hold the ring.

"Grey... I-I..." She stutters. Tears start to fill my eyes and I panic.

"W-what?" I ask nervously.

"I-I... um... FUCK YEAH I'LL MARRY YOU!" She laughs.

"I hate you, but I love you so much." I whisper, standing up and kissing my girlfriend. She smiles and wraps her arms around me, holding me tight. I slip the ring on her finger, smiling the biggest smile I've ever done.

"I love messing with you." She mumbles. I climb up onto the bed of the truck, kicking my vans off and pulling her to the pillows and blankets with me.

"Do you like the ring?" I ask.

"I love it, Greyson." She smiles.

"I-I made it myself, that's what I've been doing for the past week." I blush.

"Grey, it's amazing. How did I get so lucky?" She whispers.

"I'm asking the same." I smile.