1.11 | MYG

—is his heart evenbeating?

  —is his heart even
beating?

OCTOBER 11:
MIN YOONGI

==

there are a million questions running through yoongi's mind as taehyung trudges forward, feet scraping against the wet mud of the ground. he darts his eyes to the open coffin, swallowing fearfully at the pair of shoes and shit, what's this kid going to think when he sees his grave is demolished?

or is it even the real kim taehyung in the first place?

yoongi snaps back to his senses before his brain can fully comprehend the question, and someone tenses up beside him. slow as can be allowed, jimin stands up, legs shaking against the exertion and—

and then yoongi remembers. jimin hasn't seen taehyung before like the others have.

"t-tae—"

"jimin," namjoon's voice is somehow lowered another pitch, on the verge of cracking, "jimin, you gotta trust us, okay? that isn't the taehyung you know. s-slowly...back away, and—"

"oh my god, t-taehyung, fuck—" it's as if jimin can't hear the others' insistent, hushed pleads, walking forward like a clueless child. "he's...right there, oh my god—"

"jimin!" seokjin hisses, but his own words are cut short by the sight of taehyung raising his head, thick streams of blood—or whatever the hell the substance is—running from under the messy bangs of his forehead.

"t-tae, bud, i'm here, i—" and then jimin stops.

because, clear as day, taehyung grins.

everything that happens next is a barely comprehensible blur to yoongi. he vaguely has the thought of his gun back in his apartment, realizing will dull agitation that he should have brought it, dammit,  before kim taehyung is shrieking like an animal in agony and running straight towards them.

yoongi hears hoseok's loud "shit!", a brief shout from seokjin, namjoon's insistent "we have to get the fuck out of here, c'mon!", but he knows that's not going to work. the truck is at least thirty or so feet away, and at the rate taehyung is traveling at, it'll only take five or so more seconds for him to reach them. even if they do reach the truck, it'll be virtually impossible to start the engine before taehyung has his hands on the vehicle—and themselves.

and it's weird how that works—how yoongi's brain works the clearest, the sharpest under pressure and the terrifying surge of adrenaline. it's not like he's ever been a genius, or some hidden situation solver. maybe it's just that yoongi has a rash, quick mind, his actions far before his thoughts, and perhaps that's the best for times like these.