2.10 | PJM

— you did thisto him

  — you did this
to him.

OCTOBER 21:
PARK JIMIN

==

for a moment, all jimin hears are his own breaths.

as he crouches silently in a relatively high tree (if rope climbing has taught him anything from high school gym class, it's this) with his shaky fingers clasped around a thick branch, he finds himself strangely calm. usually, he's one of the first ones to let fear or emotion get the best of him. but he guesses he has. relentless anger, boiling fury is the overpowering thing that made him stay in the woods with a demon, having the intent to kill, wandering by.

jimin knows this is a stupid move. hell, he knows the likelihood of dying in the next few minutes is much higher than managing to escape with every one tonight. but seeing abraxas push hoseok against that tree, seeing its grotesque and misshapen face, seeing the form taehyung had seen all those years before that jimin had considered a mere figment of his imagination—it overtook him. and the next thing he knew, jimin had practically javelin-thrown a nearby branch into abraxas's back, watching as it pierced right through to the opposite side and fell to the ground, like its skin was a sheet of water.

and now he's here. jimin has no idea where exactly the others are right now; all he can hope for is that they are safe and out of the woods.

his hands curl around the branch tighter.

"shame on me for never believing you, tae," mutters jimin, and he quickly, quietly, scales down the trunk of the tree to the ground. "now look where i am."

as he begins to walk, dead leaves crunch against his boots. the sounds are like fireworks compared to the quiet night, without even the chirp of evening crickets. but jimin doesn't try to silence them. abraxas is sure to find him sooner or later.

why aren't i running?

it's a good question that jimin doesn't have the answer to.

and three steps later, as he approaches a clearing of trees that allows the scarce moonlight to flood his vision, abraxas arrives. it's a mere fifteen or so meters away from jimin, with loud breaths and a heaving chest. neither of them take the first move (he's surprised; he swore the moment it saw him, it would attempt to kill him), instead continuing to examine each other.

abraxas's wings are coated in black blood, dripping down to the ground. they hardly seem to be for flying; from the way they curl in reflex and sharpen at the ends, jimin's guess is that they're some sort of attacking appendages. but jimin can't help but continue to stare at its face, as if it's a rhythmic pendant and jimin is being hypnotized.

jiminie, i'm scared. it's at my bedside. i can't sleep there tonight, it keeps staring at me.

jimin winces.