2.7 | KNJ

— we knowso little

  — we know
so little.

OCTOBER 21:
KIM NAMJOON

==

haewon is crouched haphazardly on the hood of her car when they arrive, an expensive-looking set of binoculars positioned in front of her squinted eyes. scattered pieces of technology surround the car, and by the amount of things on the hood with her, she's probably been here a while. it's obvious she's been taking some pictures of abraxas for the society's record.

the night is dark and humid, and being isolated by scattered unlit buildings and thick patches of half-leaved trees does nothing to subdue namjoon's nerves. but it's the feeling of knowing that abraxas could be anywhere close to him and the others right now that gets to him. he hardly knows the city, let alone his surroundings. all he can hope for is that haewon knows what she's doing.

after hoseok clears his throat, haewon finally puts down her binoculars and turns towards the four of them, smiling gratefully (it's a surprising change from her usual stoic expression). "ah, you're here. i was afraid i might have to do all this alone." she cranes her head behind them. "where are the others?"

"stuck in traffic." namjoon hates the fact that he finds himself disbelieving it more by the minute. "there was some bad car accident a few hours back that held up the roads, apparently."

"again? seriously, there's got to be a limit to how much bad luck someone can have."

namjoon turns to where haewon was looking and sees a large, concrete, squarish building a few hundred yards away from them. it looks like some sort of parking garage, though there isn't a shopping complex or at least a large group of stores nearby, making it seem almost misplaced.

after a few moments, haewon sees him staring and explains, "there used to be a pretty famous mall here, but they tore it down a while back for some reason. i'm guessing there just wasn't enough revenue. now all that's left is the old parking garage."

"is that where abraxas is?" jimin asks.

"it's been moving all night, actually, but not much. it used to be over there," haewon points to the woods, "just laying on the ground. almost like it was in pain, like what i told jae over the phone. but it managed to crawl over to the parking garage, and now its just standing there, groaning loudly occasionally. here, i'll show you."

she hands the binoculars—it's expensive, with several sets of lenses as namjoon realizes upon further inspection—to him, pointing vaguely towards the parking garage. pulling the strap over his head to hang on his neck, namjoon squints into the lenses.