1.14 | JJK

—what kind of monsteris he really?

is he really?

OCTOBER 11:
JEON JEONGGUK

==

"jung hoseok?"

his eyebrows furrow in confusion as the nurse taps the edge of her thick-framed glasses upwards, resting on the thin bridge of her nose.

"yes, that's right." she looks up and frowns. "he told me that he was a friend of yours. correct?"

jeongguk leans back into the starchy pillow of his bed, taking a deep, irritated sigh. over the past few days he's been admitted into the hospital for, he can't count how many students from college—some he's spoken only once or twice to—have come to send him "well wishes".

he likes to think it's because they have some shred of concern over his well being. that, of course, is irrational. it's just the same thing for these students, and even him—wonchol.

hating someone, apparently, is a great thing to bond over.

jeongguk suspects that hoseok is another one of these students, desperate for his attention, desperate to give his own. he really doesn't want to deal with that at the moment, however. especially not when he's being released this evening, and especially after the lengthy interrogation the police had forced on him earlier.

"tell him i'm tired," he responds, barely touching the thick bandage over his bicep. "or, i dunno. make something up, i don't want to see anyone right now."

"if that's what you would like," says the nurse, a slight annoyance in her tone (to which jeongguk's scowl deepens). "oh, i almost forgot to add. hoseok wanted to talk about...ah, what was it—a white shirt and black pants, i think?"

"what? what does that—"

jeongguk stops. he stares. he waits an entire minute before opening his mouth again.

white shirt, black pants.

and hell, he doesn't have anything to lose, does he?

"let him in, then. i've changed my mind."

==

jeongguk licks his lips of the thin sheet of sweat developing on the skin, swallowing hard and wrenching his eyes open.

"so. what you're saying is, i'm not insane."

"well," hoseok shrugs against the wall and manages an impish grin, "unless us five are, then i guess that's right."

and finally, after what feels like hours of discussion, of contemplation, of complete and utter confusion, jeongguk's lips finally stretch into—into a grin, something that's been foreign to him for the past ten or so days now. he swings his legs over the hospital bed and rakes his fingers through his disheveled hair, eyeing the cast on his arm (god knows if he can stand being in this stuffy building for a day longer).