EPILOGUE.

❝ —i think that's why i likestargazing so much

—i think that's why i like
stargazing so much.
for once, i see what
everyone else can see, too.

EIGHT MONTHS LATER:
EPILOGUE.

==

"someday you're gonna break your keyboard with how much you practically punch it."

namjoon finally breaks into a grin, failing to keep his concentrated expression. it's hard to, when you're sitting across from jung hoseok: now his (newly dyed) chestnut-brown haired detective partner. their boss likes to truly put the old moniker "dynamic duo" to good use, from all of the cases namjoon has solved with the other by his side. throughout the past months, he's learned how easily hoseok can become a moodmaker (and unfortunately, that means often times distracting namjoon from particularly crucial work—like the report he's working on right now that's due in literally one hour).

"i type harder when i'm under stress," emphasizes namjoon, sending a pointed look at hoseok. "because, y'know, we have work to do."

"not me," hoseok declares proudly. he leans back into the bar stool with a smug grin. "finished all my reports this morning."

"funny joke."

"if you think so."

a few more keyboard clicks.

"wait, are you serious?"

"why is that so unbelievable to hear?" whines hoseok, exasperated. "and yes, i did. because i didn't marathon an entire season of a television series last night, unlike you."

namjoon defensively holds up his hands. "it's my favorite show! and the season just came out, you have to understand where i'm coming from."

"too bad i don't. because i don't have work to—"

"okay, shitface, let me finish my report."

ten minutes later, namjoon finally hits the submit button of his e-mail with an exhausted sigh. the pads of his fingers are tingling, and his knuckles are cramped; he can only pass a silent apology to his mauled computer. around them, the smell of grinded coffee beans lulls him into quick relief, and he sinks into the leather of his booth seat. "man, i love this job but sometimes it just drags me by the ass."

"i'll concur to that. at least we finally have some important cases to work on, though."

"the rest of the department doesn't seem to think so."