3.5 | MYG

— "i've never heard somethingcrazier before!"

"i've never heard something
crazier before!"

NOVEMBER 8:
MIN YOONGI

==

the funny thing about being a part of the society is the closeness you immediately develop to the members around you, despite knowing them for such a short amount of time. you begin to speak, theorize, and relate with people halfway across the world and people sitting in the chair beside you. it's incredible, honestly, the way all of these people manage to constantly develop and add to this complex system, unfazed (at least by first glance) at the fact that they are a mere drop in the pond of the population. they aren't fueled by monetary incentive or fame. it's purely the need to help, and yoongi finds that deeply admirable.

"the way first and second witnesses...become witnesses in the first place is mostly random, in a sense," gunho says, his face grainy through the computer screen. they're all gathered in namjoon's apartment, jae and mrs. kim included, on skype with haewon, isuel, and gunho still in useol. the latter is absentmindedly scrolling through haewon's laptop, presumably looking at news articles and papers: a normal habit. "well, obviously the strong spirit is taken into account—taehyung, for instance—but that isn't something you can actually control, or even notice. it's mostly the aura of a person, their planetary demeanor compared to dimensions such as the other world."

the statement makes roughly ten percent of sense in yoongi's brain, but he decides to roll with it.

"so naturally, being a witness isn't something you can exactly choose or expect. we hardly know the way the other world works either, so we can't just write out a foolproof formula of what makes a witness be a witness."

"so it's just random? there isn't a specific order to it?"

"there isn't anything in our research that suggests some sort of pattern. we obviously don't know every single witness in the globe, and first witnesses technically only know if they're witnesses when they see a physical form of abraxas, which is an 'if' in itself. but the only explanation that makes sense is it being random."

mrs. kim lets out a small "oh", wrapping her knitted shawl around her shoulders closely. it pangs yoongi—how must it feel to not even be able to see the monster that tormented your son?

"could taehyung not like..." jeongguk fumbles for the right words. "decide that? through his subconscious in abraxas's physical form or something? was there any way for him to decide who saw 'his' form or not?"

"it isn't likely. and remember, all of abraxas's previous forms were of dead second witnesses—subconscious interference wasn't heard of before taehyung. it's not a characteristic that abraxas nor he has."