3.8 | JJK

— "our realm isn'tthe only one!"

— "our realm isn't
the only one!"

NOVEMBER 12:
JEON JEONGGUK

==

"we have a weird thing for late nights and creepy places, don't we."

"the area is a daytime attraction," jae says exasperatedly, but a smile tugs at one of the corners of her mouth. "we aren't allowed here after five p.m., if at all in the first place. and it's hardly seven."

"but the sun is down, and we're the only ones out here."

"are you backing out on us, min yoongi?"

"me?" he grins wickedly. "i almost busted my rib cage and i still stuck around. i'm not going anywhere."

muffled laughter passes over jeongguk's head as he scans the area around him, eyes wide and dry from the blowing wind. he remembers visiting this attraction once or twice when he was younger. it's a nice old town tainted with urban ghost legend, rolling fields of dry wheat crops extending from the outskirt buildings. the area takes up two blocks at the most, with much of its interior lying in heaps of rubble and dirt, and a bare five lampposts flicker desperately down the cobblestone path. unnoticed litter from tourists piles up near degrading brick walls and potholes, and it takes a conscious effort on his part not to step on pieces of glass on the areas away from the walkway.

now i understand why this is a daylight attraction, jeongguk thinks as his eyes land on the warehouse, some couple hundred meters away from them. it's not terribly large, but its wrecked and desolate state, with no visible light evident inside, gives out an ominous presence. he can't imagine how taehyung felt waking up alone with abraxas in this place.

folklore says this town was abandoned hardly a century before for reasons unknown, now haunted at night by the unfortunate souls left behind. jeongguk knows this story is just a scam for tourist attraction; but as the wind howls in his ear, sounding all too much like abraxas's shrieks, he knows the haunted part is far from untrue.

"i feel like abraxas is just going to sneak up on us out of nowhere," hoseok mumbles, rubbing his arms for warmth. "pull another parking garage move. shit, is this broken glass?"

"i'll know when abraxas is near," taehyung says, running a limp hand across the wall of a building beside him distractedly. his eyes are distant, looking at the town around him in a mix of hesitation and wonder. "and it'll know that i'm here, too. our bond will reveal that. as long as you guys stick close to me and don't provoke it—yet—, abraxas won't approach you. i doubt it'll try to attack or run away."

mrs. kim furrows her brows. "why would it run away?"

taehyung turns. "because it knows i have the power to kill it."