3.4 | PJM

— "we'll be okay,chim chim!"

  — "we'll be okay,
chim chim!"

NOVEMBER 6:
PARK JIMIN

==

the next morning, taehyung is discharged from the hospital after heavy protest from his doctors (to which taehyung fired back with a simple, "i'm fine, aren't i?"). he hasn't yet regained all of his strength of course, but that doesn't stop him from immediately getting back to the situation and helping the society. while jimin is at his classes he receives numerous texts from mrs. kim, complaining over her son's complete lack of care for his weakened body at the moment. it makes jimin smile in amusement.

sometime in the early evening as jimin boards the subway (he only started going back on the transit two days ago, what with all that's happened), his phone buzzes from an incoming call—taehyung. it's still a strange feeling, watching his contact name flash over the front of jimin's phone screen; four years of silence is hard to push behind.

"what's up, tae?"

"are you free today?"

"uh, yeah." jimin slightly laughs at his abrupt greeting (or rather, lack thereof). "i'm on my way home. i was held up talking to a professor about this paid internship. you wanna grab ice cream or something? i have a gift card—"

"actually, um." there's a crackle of static, indicating taehyung has paused. "i need to talk to you. only you. can...can you drop by my apartment as soon as you can?"

jimin furrows his eyebrows as he steps into the subway. "is everything okay, taehyung?"

"yeah, everything is...fine, i've just been meaning to talk to you since i got discharged. just...come here as quick as possible, okay?"

"are you hurt? do you want me to call—"

"i just need to talk, jiminie. that's all."

there's a slight tilt in taehyung's voice that doesn't fail to go past jimin. he's hiding something—something important. exhaling slowly, jimin nods his head subconsciously and speaks quietly.

"i'm on my way."

==

there are differences between the taehyung of four years ago and the taehyung now. their appearances, obviously, are the most distinctive of these, but there are a few subtle changes that jimin has managed to notice—the way he speaks, his gestures, minuscule details that manage to show jimin just how much his best friend has grown in the time they've been apart. but taehyung is still taehyung, and many things have stayed completely the same.