1.12 | JHS

—what did we do wrong?

—what did we
do wrong?

OCTOBER 11:
JUNG HOSEOK

==

"jimin! jimin! slow down, dammit!"

things are blurry for hoseok as he stumbles his way through patches of dead grass and fallen branches, the sky a sheet of absolute darkness over him. it feels surreal, like he's walking through a dream—like his friend hadn't just been chased by an insane demon through unkown woods.

"jimin!" namjoon snaps, running despite the long trip they've taken through the seemingly empty woods. "would you quit it? running around like lost bunnies isn't going to solve anything—"

and, almost mockingly, jimin laughs. it's this sarcastic bellow into the air and god, hoseok just wants to be done with this. he never wanted to be the subject of such danger, but here he is and he can't do a thing about it.

"are you serious? are you actually serious? so you're okay with letting yoongi deal with taeh—" he stops himself, hiccuping at the action— "with that monster by himself? do you even hear yourself?"

"that's not what i'm saying. walking around in the woods without a plan isn't going to do anything, we can't even hear yoongi, dammit—"

"and your point?" jimin turns around, facing the other three with angry desperation in his eyes. "you're saying that we should've stayed back at the grave like yoongi told us to, huh? act like it isn't our problem?!"

the air is silent. because he's right, in a sense; they spent a few too many minutes fixing taehyung's grave again when they should have been finding yoongi. but the latter's desperate words right before he disappeared into the woods were enough to make them hesitate.

"if you wanna ditch, be my guest," jimin finally says, voice cracking. "but i'm not losing another person, alright?"

"jimin—"

"that's not what we meant, chim," hoseok interrupts, breath puffing out in front of him like a cloud of smoke. "we definitely aren't ditching. yoongi is with us, we—we aren't such pricks to just abandon him like that. but we've been walking around for at least thirty minutes, alright? it's time we formulated some sort of plan to find yoongi."

another expanse of silent falls between the four men, tension building up in their lungs. and then, after what seems to be an eternity, jimin exhales shakily and nods.