2.5 | MYG

— it isn't the only evilaround here

around here.

OCTOBER 21:
MIN YOONGI

==

"oh good, you brought them—put the bags on the counter, dear."

with a puffed, lazy exhale, yoongi drops the paper bags filled with groceries—jae assigned the whole group to trivial chores like this, supposed to keep their minds off of things for a bit—and turns to the elder standing near the sink. "couldn't use those coupons you gave me, store wouldn't take 'em. sorry about that."

"why is that?"

"said the sale expired yesterday."

"what a shame," jae sighs, washing her hands. "they were a promising deal."

yoongi cracks a smile. "my wounds are doing great, by the way. your treatment worked like magic, i swear."

"is that so?" jae turns around, her eyes crinkling warmly. "i wouldn't call it magic. i've just been at my job for decades now. but i'm glad you're feeling better, yoongi."

"think i'll be able to fight abraxas head on now?"

"you're pushing it." yoongi laughs at this. "but you'll fix some of the evils of this world, yoongi. i can feel it."

those words sound nice to his ears.

==

over the years, yoongi has learned many things from expressions: like how they can tell years of stories, or split seconds of emotions, or a facade hiding something internally breaking them.

two days ago, when jae's door opened to reveal a woman dressed head to toe in shock, kim eunji's expression was quite possibly the most heartbreaking thing yoongi has ever seen.

it was confusion, at first. seeing your son after four years is sure to instill that. but when mrs. kim stepped into the flat—tentatively, shakingly, with slow steps—, when her lips parted, when her eyes widened, when her breath hitched in her throat at the sight of a smiling, breathing kim taehyung: she broke. her eyes bore rivers, slipping down the sides of her face. her eyes shed her pain, every year of it, every single moment of mourning for a false event. and when her shaking hands went up to cup the cheeks of her beloved son, of a boy struggling to keep in his tears, she whispered,

"i never stopped missing you, little taehyungie."

and taehyung broke, too.

it was impossible to bat an eye, be immune to his emotions, the "strong one". yoongi couldn't stop the wetness of his cheeks. jimin couldn't stop the heaving of his shoulders when mrs. kim pulled him into a tight embrace, sobbing the words "thank you" over and over again. jeongguk, hoseok, namjoon, and seokjin couldn't control the quiver of their breaths.