1.13 | KNJ

—why does itnever make sense?

—why does it
never make sense?

OCTOBER 11:
KIM NAMJOON

==

"man, you look like shit."

namjoon was never particularly good at expressing his emotions; he suppresses them like a boiling kettle, refusing to open up, and when he does manage to, the outburst is enormous.

but here he is, squeezing min yoongi's hand and managing the widest smile he can without choking on his own tears.

"ha," yoongi rasps, sitting up and shaking tangled hospital chords loose from his gown, "could say the same to you, kim."

"i can't even believe you," seokjin laughs disbelievingly, his own voice the slightest bit hoarse. "i really can't believe you, min yoongi. what was going on in that thick skull of yours? running off with those sneakers and giving zero damns about what the—the outcome would be?"

"something's gotta be working correctly up here." yoongi taps his forehead, giving an impish grin. "i got him off our backs, at least for the moment. right?"

"not right," hoseok cuts, surprising the rest of them. namjoon turns his head to that orange-headed man, that neglected coffee boy no one ever sees with a frown, no one ever really takes into consideration, no one ever thinks to give recognition. he sees hoseok's swimming eyes and god—

namjoon swears, he swears with every bone in his body that after all this is over, he's getting hoseok a spot in the detective agency. he's going to give that man what he deserves.

"yoongi, you know how fucking stupid that was?" hoseok runs his fingers through his hair, shaking excess sleep from his system. "running off so carelessly, not a clue what you're doing? you could have been killed, hyung!"

yoongi is silent.

"we're a group for a reason, yoongi. we're here to protect each other, and—and not allow our friends to get killed, you understand?" hoseok swallows, his sharp jaw tensing. "please, just—don't do something so reckless again, alright? if shit like that happens again, we deal with it together."

"hoseok's right, hyung," jimin says after a while, when the silence is nearing its limit. "please, just...don't do shit like that again. we were all so—god, i don't even know, but—"

"alright," interrupts yoongi—softly, like he's soothing a wound. "alright, i got it. i promise, i won't pull a stunt like that again. i'll have my gun next time, amirite?"

"i'm serious, min."

"and i am, too." yoongi leans up, locking eyes with hoseok, then jimin, then his knobby fingers. "i promise, seriously. i'm not going to do something like that again. you have my word. okay?"